1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Anti-Kluex / Holy Fleet faction

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Mystyice, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

Heya you guys!
    So I've been recreating the House of Helterists for some time now. I'm planning on making it anti-Stargazer, to give the anti-Holy Fleet peeps somewhere to go. So basically, Nyre is Xewyck's brother. I'm planning on getting Xewyck sacrificed by the Holy Fleet so that Nyre is like "nope" and reboots the House for revenge against the Holy Fleet. He's got all the weaponry and the base and all left behind by Xewyck. I'd like the faction to focus more on brainwashing and whatnot. What are your thoughts, and are there any ideas on how the preaching or the brainwashing goes?

2. Narfball

Narfball narfball

There's too many factions as is. Hold off for a while on this, the idea can be cool if executed right. But, I'm pretty sure this is already a thing? (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.) I don't check the factions often, but I think the Talons of Avos is an anti-fleet faction. Do something different and not bird related.

3. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

Talons of Avos, as things are, have been inactive, or close to it, for some time now.

And think carefully how to approach the idea. Most of the anti-people have used, up to the date, petty reasons against the Fleet.

*leg*

4. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

I personally think an entire faction designed solely to oppose another faction isnt a good idea. If your factions entire goal is revenge on a single faction, there isnt a lot of depth to that in my opinion. There are already a few factions that I know of (mine being one of them) that arent on particularly good terms with the Holy Fleet. Plus, there are like, a bajillion factions. Granted some of them are nearly dead, but still.

Holy Fleet is basically pissing everyone off. Nyre could try and get a war going or something. Or maybe this is actually a good idea and I'm a complete donkus. Idk

5. Animator

Animator New Member

No, you're pretty much spot-on. The Talons have true motivation, since it's imbued in the lore. Making a faction just to oppose another provides no real long-term plan in terms of sustaining it's existence.

6. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

Talons true motivation is quite dispersed. If you read through their faction threads, you see they welcome any race (practically everyone has no race restriction, so this group doesn't offer anything new) and also fight 'against any opressor', the Stargazers simply seems... a convenience (again, nothing new). Extract from their faction:

I don't see any true motivation on them as soon I read that part.

7. Talons of Avos + Lightbringers + RA = We already have enough, I recommend you just join one of the already existing factions.

8. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

i'm going to give you a chance to elaborate on what you mean before i tell you why the RA isn't a faction dedicated to hating a bunch of over-religious birdmen

9. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

I think it was less a 'they're dedicated to it' and more they're as close to a declared enemy as you can get without going to war at this point. If you add all the factions that HATE the Fleet you have... well, just about everyone really.

10. holy shit dude I'm going to give you a chance to calm down. All I meant is that...well, they're almost in a WAR with the Fleet right now.

11. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

If there is going to be hostility in this thread, it will be locked. Do calm down about anything relating to such. Thank you.

12. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

oh I'm sorry you took that the wrong way, I was joking and being a sarcastic asshole and I'm used to people understanding that. Sorry! seriously I almost never mean what I say/imply. Any perceived hostility is almost always me joking around. If it helps I'll put like "j/k" in future posts

They are almost at war with the Fleet, but it's not because of what the Fleet is but rather how they do things. From the RA's perspective the Fleet is a destabilizing force in the region and poses a huge security risk. The RA believes they aren't handling the situation on LM properly and are in fact just escalating it and causing unneeded tension in the region. It doesn't matter that it's the Fleet, the Armada would have the same response if it was, say, the USCM occupying LM and behaving the same way. It's really just a case of the Armada being the Armada.

What I'm saying is, it doesn't matter that the Fleet are religious nutbags. If they handled the situation in a "better" way, from the RA's standpoint, there's a fairly good chance that there wouldn't be any issues.

13. iss' alright I do that too
    I understand what you're saying. Still, though, the tension IS occurring, and if you want to be anti-fleet, for the next couple of weeks, you could join RA and get away with plenty of it.

14. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

This confuses me, as we have a crime about once every three days now. The only flames that seem to have been particularly stoked are with the Florans.

15. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

There have been more than just the issues regarding the Florans, but they too are included in this. There have been StarNet posts in the past calling for people to stand up to the Fleet, as to some they represent injustice and police brutality. Some have also stepped up to defend the Fleeters, and this results in people taking sides and arguing over the Holy Fleet's purpose and methods. There is tension.

The RA has paid attention to all of this. It, above all, is an entity of security and stability. "The needs of the many over the needs of the few." As a result of all this, it has judged the Holy Fleet to be causing more harm to regional stability than good, and thusly denounced the Fleet and told them, in essence, to gtfo. The Fleet ignored that, and the result was what you see now: more rising tension, and murmurs of war.

16. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

Anti-Kluex? Disgustayne. Make it a Kluex sworn faction, who are in a conflict with the Fleet to win Kluex' favor.

17. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

That would mean religion. Icky.

18. Can you feel it?
    [​IMG]

19. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

I don't see how rivalry of two religious factions over one deity's favor is ironic. It is a conflict, and a conflict with a reason.

20. Kluex approves of this massive bloodshed over two groups that both worship him? They have identical ideology.