1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Antares Rangers

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by EyesofMarch, Apr 14, 2015.

1. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

woohooo another generic factio- cough hack

oh im sorry im sick.

Anyway, I've been playing way too much fallout and wasteland 2 since school is about done and I am so sick of mixing papers and 0600 pt together so I thought, hey, this is technically a frontier! An untamed, dangerous, violent frontier where bad things happen, right? So perhaps a small group of vigilanties who respond to calls from colonies and ships under attack by baddies, be they raiders, space cults or USCM forces, and help them out would be kind of cool, right? A ragtag group of highly trained soldiers that have a small fortress on a more distant world where they hang out, trade gear, eat, all that jazz, and respond to calls. They provide extended protection to colonies in exchange for food or pixels, but generally go about helping people. It'd be a small group, maximum 5-10 people, and would have a more serious aura about it.

Thoughts?

2. Solour

Solour a dad

i literally tried the SAME THING
    See: Antares Frontier Federation.
    i like it i like you do it go ahead

3. GoneDark

GoneDark Previously Darkwill

I like the idea and am all for joining. I'd help in anyway I could.
    Yeah... Except it seemed like strange move to combine with the USCM on a moment's notice. I'd like to think this thing will be it's own entity. Able to make a name for itself, whether that be as heroes or in infamy....

4. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

I see you're using the Rebel Alliance's emblem.
    [​IMG]

5. n7hydra

n7hydra New Member

5-10 wouldn't be terrible if that wasn't a quarter/half of everyone that's on at the time.

I hope you've got what it takes to not make the group just another generic team that falls apart in two weeks.

6. Solour

Solour a dad

because why keep a security force when a well-known one is around? It didn't combine, since all the potential members believed USAF still eat baby

7. GoneDark

Different ideals different moral compass, different direction, less restrictions.... There's many many reasons. Also, the fact that the organization would most likely be multispecies from the start.

8. Wreth

Wreth New Member

The USCM exist to primarily further humanity's goals and agenda. If you aren't a human or part of the United Systems then there's plenty of reason to not want to join USCM/USAF and desire a more neutral faction.

9. Comrade

Comrade New Member

We already have MARSOC. The USCM Special Operations team, no need for a new one, really. Would be pretty fun to join if the Antares Rangers were in the USCM too, though, but it truly has no need at all.

10. Wreth

Wreth New Member

That's my point though, the USCM is a human centric faction that focuses on the desires and needs of humanity.

The USCM is not a benevolent military faction that believes in helping all races. It's the military force that advances humanities interests.

This thread's proposed idea is a faction not particularly associated with any race in particular.

11. Yotan

Yotan New Member

I think Wreth is trying to say that the USCM is like Cerberus from Mass Effect. However I am sure they have no issues using other races to advances their goals for humanity.

12. Wreth

Wreth New Member

USCM are not xenophobic, but they are the human military, so they put the United Systems first. Just like any country in the world puts their own people first, that doesn't make them racist or xenophobic.

13. Solour

Solour a dad

that's lore-wise, however. Since we're a task-force; we'd still do things for others.

14. Comrade

Comrade New Member

We have a lot of Avians and Florans in our military, though. I do see your point about them being all about one race, so yeah. If you made this a faction, I'd be more than happy to join.

15. Wreth

Wreth New Member

The USCM is happy to enlist non-humans but the forces still primarily exist to further the goals of the United Systems

16. Comrade

Comrade New Member

Is this going to become an actual thing, though? Seems like it would be kinda fun to RP in a small military faction group, unlike having 20 other soldiers with you.

17. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

Aside from the off-topic discussion that just went on. I personally think its a great idea, and GL with it. (I sadly suck at multi-tasking more than one character so I wouldn't be able to join.)

18. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

I'm a bit iffy with the idea because I honestly dont see much to protect. Every colony has its own security and usually factions like this end up with nothing to do because there is nothing to beat up or any colonies that desire your protection.

I honestly have nothing against this idea but its key to think and plan ahead of time. Unless we have a group of antagonist characters constantly causing mischief, or blowing shit up you're most likely gonna end up sitting on your hands for most of the time.

It's a nice idea but it requires a ton of other factors to work.

However! The distress call bit could keep your team on its toes so that's that.

19. GoneDark

If I recall, there is an antagonist group popping up somewhere, something Floran in origin? (Not Dionaea by the way.) So ymthis might be better timing than you'd think.

20. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

Blackfang 4 lyfe.