1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Antares Persistent World - NWN 1 or NWN 2

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Clem, Jun 13, 2015.

?

Which game?

Poll closed Aug 13, 2015.
  1. Neverwinter Nights

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Neverwinter Nights 2

100.0%
  1. Clem

Clem Lore Writer

Hey folks!

As I posted elsewhere, I am looking for people interested in creating a persistent world in the Forgotten Realms setting on either Neverwinter Nights or Neverwinter Nights 2. For potential team members I am putting up a poll for people who want to create something in the first or the latter games available.

The rulesets have been both adapted and changed in NWN 1 and 2. The first takes it from the 3.0E and the latter from 3.5E. Most of it is largely the same and there were few minor changes with spells mainly. Some decreased damage and some balancing tastes.

Please, stay on topic on this matter and dont yell about jumping ship. I want to create a alternative for people to RP in a D&D universe as well, together when the team is formed. More details will be discussed. First and mainly is the setting, region, over-arching story and what not.

If you wish to apply anonymously. Send me a PM. Previous experience with the toolset is not required at all. Just some knowledge on how to operate such a program would be nice.

2. Shadeykins

Shadeykins New Member

NwN2 multiplayer is plagued with a host of unresolved issues and never became particularly popular, and NwN1 is unfortunately starting to fade out (Old Arelith vet here) due to Bioware refusing to renew it's hosting pledge with GameSpy.

I'd say potentially look into the Sword Coast Legends game coming out, it'd be more in the realm of what you're after and fresher to boot. From what I saw it's more or less an up-to-date version of Neverwinter Nights.

If you're really dead-set on working with NwN1 though, I've got plenty of experience with the Aurora toolset and even dev'd a community back in the day.

3. Clem

Clem Lore Writer

Gamespy is gone in all of its entirety. And there's the extended plugin for NWN 1 and 2 now that returns the lobby functionality. But sword coast legends looks promising, I just hope it remains the same in complexity as the first two and not desolved into a action RPG with dungeon crawling. And perhaps a toolset release as well to allow people to go wild once again.