1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Antares Launcher Beta - Mod Syncing Made Easy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kazyyk, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Hello, Antarans.

In a spur of motivation, I quickly hammered out a neat little application for synchronizing mods with the Antares server.
    It's flexible so that Angre and the Staff can add new supported mods in the future.

Essentially, it features...
    • Automatically synchronize both client and server mods
    • Choose which client mods you would like to use
    • Automatically add/remove mods as per your liking
    • Isolated mods specifically for Antares that don't affect your current mods
    • Displays the latest announcement on the start-up screen
    • Supports all Starbound binaries
    • Will support all platforms (currently only Windows during beta)
    I've tested it thoroughly and it appears to be working just fine, but it is currently a beta program.
    Please report any bugs or issues below.

Downloads

Link: https://www.antaresroleplay.com/downloads/antares_launcher.php
    Scan: Antivirus scan for 701ddbd14cd531e91d49da29bb6a128588912505cd837cb24e04f580b5535e11 at 2016-03-10 00:45:18 UTC - VirusTotal

Installation
    1. You must place it in your root Starbound folder. If you're on Steam, this will usually be "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound". This is required for it to work properly.
    2. That's it. See step 1.
    Known Issues
    • Clicking Cancel on any window after making changes will not revert any changes made. Fix: Change them back to your preferences and save.
    • Startup can be slow. This is primarily because of the Antares News feature. Fix: Turn off the Antares News in settings.

#1 Kazyyk, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2016
    2 people like this.
  2. Aiko

Aiko The Coolest Cat

Fix SBSE pls

3. shrub

shrub New Member

4. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

I downloaded it. Works fine. For some reason Anti-Virus wants to pick it up as a threat.

5. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Yeah, it'll appear that way. I don't know why, I wrote 100% of the code myself. There's nothing malicious in it.
    I wouldn't stake my two-year long reputation as an administrator by releasing a program with a virus in it. That'd be a dumb move.

6. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

one doesn't simply "fix" sbse...

7. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I'm working on it.

8. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

The 64-bit version has been discontinued. It doesn't really make sense to have one, since the 32-bit version will run just fine either way. It's not really taking advantage of the extra RAM, anyway, and it's easier to maintain a single version than two. I also added the scan results to the main post. I'd appreciate it if folks would mark the file as harmless. You do that by clicking on the green angel guy.

9. Aiko

Aiko The Coolest Cat

yes you do
    Seriously man do you any help, case clearly you're either busy or iffy with it.
    Lemme fix it for you, boo

10. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

It'll get fixed when it's fixed. This thread is not about SBSE.

11. Node

Node Literal Edgelord

Perhaps a bit of a bold move, but I would not mind seeing this as mandatory for Antares.

We've tried a community mod pack in the past, and I remember people were really into it. I'd love to make custom items and armor to bolster roleplay

1 person likes this.
  12. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Nononononono
    This kills the server.

13. Node

Node Literal Edgelord

I just want to set the world on fire

14. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Not a terrible idea, but also not up to me. I'd support it, though. The way I figure, vanilla gameplay will grow stale if it hasn't already.

15. Aiko

Aiko The Coolest Cat

I mean it's sorta relevant. You wanted the responsibility of maintaining SBSE. Instead of meeting the responsibility you fought for, you're making ... optional mod synchronizers.

Not that I'm saying you can't do as you please, but you made a commitment when you played your cards to get full control of SBSE.
    Either prioritize it, or open it so someone else can fix it.

Putting it off is completely unprofessional and irresponsible.

Related to the topic, good stuff. Mod sync will help liven up vanilla play :) -- Though, really. You'll have to make it mandatory if you want to include anything interesting like races, objects & tiles.

16. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Added known issues to the original post.

17. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

The Antares Launcher took me less than 16 hours to make. 80% of it was coded in one sitting, and the other sitting finished it.

I didn't "play my cards" to get SBSE. Phaze transferred SBSE to me because I always supported him and it's development in any way I could.
    I could have declined, but I chose to accept because I wanted to work on something ambitious. I stated that it would take me a long time to get an update out, and given that I didn't get access to the source code 'till mid-late February, I'd say that I'm still on schedule.

18. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

I'm loving the idea, but what about those players who love to double client? You can't multi-client using the launcher, seeing as it closes after it opens up the client and I don't think allows launching another client even if you reopen it.

19. Node

Node Literal Edgelord

Buy more computers you R-tard

20. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Run Starbound normally. It tells you to do this if you try to run Starbound through the launcher again.