1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Approved Another colony idea. >:C "Station Caelestis"

Discussion in 'Colony Questions' started by Oleksandra, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Oleksandra

Oleksandra New Member

[​IMG]
    Artist's rendition of the proposed project.
    [​IMG]

A little Quick Stop in some friendly Council Space!
    Somewhere to rest and refuel during that long haul, or somewhere to charter a ship or
    taxi for intergalactic travel.

Complete with a dock for the larger vessels, multiple hangars for smaller private craft, a bed and breakfast, a medical bay, and an bar with an arcade stuffed to the brim with the newest hits and well-known classics, Caelestis is the perfect place to stop and take a breather.

[​IMG]

Caelestis is a project hoping to be built by the Crazed Ape Construction company, who is currently seeking Council funding to aid in it's assembly.

The aim is to create a comfortable atmosphere for weary, tired travelers who desire a place to stay for the night, or for merchants ships on a haul to simply stop and refuel, before continuing on their way. With a functional bio-dome, offices for station officials, a sizable armory, and hangar space to support sixty smaller craft, and the capacity to support 1050 personnel and visitors.

With increased interest, there is always room for expansion via modules that may be added or ejected from the station, should the need or want arise. This can include more hangar space, or living quarters for more permanent guests. Most functions will be autonomous, but more important duties such as a doctor, manager, and traffic control will need to be managed by an organic.

Another hope for the project is to get permission from a local settlement to be built within the orbit of it's planet, allowing for more trade, easier transportation, and even security to the surface should that be negotiated.

[​IMG]

i thought it was a good idea please don't kill me

2. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

Olek u are a genius. Awhile ago we planned to have a spaceport where people can catch 'space taxis' (AKA use teleporter signs) to get to popular colonies, so you don't need to fly there on your ship oocly. Basically that USCM spaceport thing on Orions Edge, which i'm sure you remember. So... basically, I'm thinking we merge that idea with your current idea. Mashing these ideas together would basically just be fitting a hanger/flights room onto your space station where people can teleport, but I assume you'd already have one of those places, so it's gucci.

Basically, not only do I think this is a good idea, I think we could make it into a useful addition to the roleplay experience. I'd be willing to help you out on building and stuff as well. I do want to hear other peoples voices on this, though, before I give it a straight up approval.

3. Oleksandra

Oleksandra New Member

Well I thought I'd propose the idea, since Shag's colony might not be made(?) due to personal issues. (??) At least, last time I heard. So I thought a hub was needed, you know. Somewhere you begin your adventure, or use to hop back and forth between locations ICly, rather than scrambling your atoms across the universe. I hope to hear back from you guys. Feel free to rip it a new one.

Also any help building would be great. I have a general idea as to how I want it laid out, but I don't know how to teledoor.

4. Haplap

Haplap Happypaps

Y'know, I have no idea why I didn't just approve this originally. Godspeed and approved.