1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

An update regarding my position as staff

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Awe, Jul 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

After the update I will be resigning from the staff team. The reasons for this are many, but the leading cause is that I am unhappy with the server in general. I put a lot of time in and get very little in return that isn't stress, and all my time doing staff things or just playing on the server is starting to negatively effect my health. Some of you know I've been having ongoing hospital visits lately, and I really shouldn't be staying up until 8am because people are arguing in discord over petty shit. I also feel like I may be outgrowing this community. I am a lot older (several years) than the majority of this server and I think it is starting to show. The often immature and hormonal vibe is beginning to grate on me, and I'd rather do without it in my life. Lastly, I'm none too pleased with how this update is being handled and want little to nothing to do with it. I've tried to do things the way I felt was right and haven't been able to, and I don't much feel like cleaning up problems I tried to avoid. The majority of these problems are what I refer to as 'me problems', and aren't the result of anyone doing anything to intentionally drive me away. Just me choosing what I think is best for me.

I will be around for the next few days to see some ongoing stories to their conclusion, and to moderate the same as I always do, but afterwards I will not be staff any longer. I'll also likely be leaving for an indeterminate amount of time for a break, coming online rarely if at all.

2. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Welcome to any position of authority, particularly in online communities.

Seriously, though, I get you. It gets to you after awhile.
    There are no right answers. You always upset someone.

You pay the price of time and stress for the privilege to be a part of something larger than yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.