1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Amateur Spriter is Amateur (Too Deep?)

Discussion in 'Art & Graphics' started by Eric, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Eric

Eric New Member

So I started spriting. Yeah. I kinda suck at it, but hey, it is what it is. Here's a sample of some of my work:

[​IMG]

I made those Warhammer 40k weapons for a WIP mod which you can find here: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/true-space-marines.72661/page-2#post-1890906\

That's only some of my work. Okay, maybe it's a good chunk of my work. Fine, it's most of my work, but I'm new, so yeah.

Nobody asked you D:<

If you have any suggestions or criticisms, tell me. I love to hear that kinda stuff.
    Also, if you want something made, post it here, I'll see what I can do. I'm better at weapons, but I can try other things.

Cheers!

#1 Eric, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
  2. Crescentfury

Crescentfury New Member

They look really cool, but they could use with a bit of shading. :)

3. Eric

Eric New Member

They sure could. Do you shade? I'd love someone to help me out, or to just tell me how it's done. Though I suppose that would be a form of help :D
    Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I noticed that too.

4. Eric

Eric New Member

More things added, helping a friend with his Ninja mod.

[​IMG]

The gun is another weapon for the 40k mod, and an attempt to shade. How'd I do?

5. Eric

Eric New Member

6. TheKingOfLife

TheKingOfLife New Member

What program do you use? i use gimp when i sprite, it kinda sucks for anything but spriting in my opinion.

7. Eric

Eric New Member

I use GaleGraphics free, then I run it through GIMP because Gale has an annoying habit of wrecking transparency. GIMP is actually good for several things, including black and white picture restoration, patterns, and (at least when cameras sucked) fixing lighting and lens flares.

Honestly, GaleGraphics is awful, but I'm attached to it.

8. TheKingOfLife

TheKingOfLife New Member

Sweet, if ya need help with anything just ask i got nothing to do and my time is free.

9. Eric

Eric New Member

Sure. Do you have any shading experience? I can't shade in stuff to save my life. Chat me up via conversation and let's collaborate on something.

10. Eric

Eric New Member

Working on an oriental HUD, I came up with this oriental hotbar. Node helped a lot in polishing it off:

[​IMG]

I hope to convert the chat box, chat bubbles, HP bars, inventory screen, and everything in between.

Must... sleep...

#10 Eric, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
  11. TheKingOfLife

TheKingOfLife New Member

i could not upload it there so here will do, its a example from my Cortex command mod
    View attachment 900

Attached Files:

• GUn.PNG
      GUn.PNG
      File size:
      8.6 KB
      Views:
  12. Eric

Eric New Member

Haha, Cortex Command. Hey, that's pretty good. Could you do some shading on my weapons? If yes, we can exchange emails or Skypes and I'll send you the files.