1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

All Aboard the Wagon! Opinions/Criticism/Hate of Raoul/Loura

Discussion in 'Character Discussion' started by LaserLlamas, Aug 7, 2014.

1. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

Gimmie yer' worst. Hopefully I'm not too tired to respond to anything.
    Just want to make the character better in general, as well as fix anything with myself. Go nuts, folks.

2. Arcticil

Arcticil Toxic Top Soldier

Super sadistic. Fairly well-rounded character, kinda edgy. Not sure how to put that into full description, but it's not too bad.

3. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

I'm actually going to respond to this one because I saw Mars's earlier and I figured I'd lump you all in together, since what I'm seeing is a group problem, not a personal one. This is directed at the majority of the members in the Armored Wolves, but as a preface I'll say this:

I like you guys. You're all a great bunch OOCly to hang out with and I love that you're all trying to fix your various problems. That being said:

Your characters are edgelords.

I literally cannot emphasize this enough. The majority of conflicts in the Den start with what I can only describe as a massive dick measuring contest, where the offending party and a Wolf stare each other down and say some downright broody shit, aka "You dare offend a Wolf in his own home?" etc. etc.

I get that you're trying to curb on the powergaming and godmodding, and I and many others appreciate that. But I will say that it does not help your case when many Wolves stalk around the place wearing hoods and black clothing/armor even when off duty.

There are many personal examples I can give if necessary, but I'm sure you know well enough what I'm talking about.

My advice? Just... tone it down a little. It's gotten to the point where the edginess overshadows the progress you're making on the godmodding and powergaming. For combat, instead of taunting to excess, simply state the facts: the offending party has violated some rule in the Den, and as a member of the management you are obligated to remove them from the premises. If they comply, they will not be injured. If they continue their behavior, you will harm them and physically remove them. Then follow up on the threat if necessary. Lay down the law, without twirling around your sword and smack talking for half an hour.

4. Tomwell1

Tomwell1 New Member

I didnt see/ know any valid reason for gender swap, otherwise, great character.
    (( If you want to tell me a valid reason, I'd appreciate.

5. LaserLlamas

To be a bit honest I don't really like people walking around with Raoul's old uniform set. Still kind of weird to me.

And yeah I agree with less sword more words. Been a bit paranoid as of late since usually when I ask and they refuse it becomes a whole thing of "consent" OOC. Which is its own story. Ironically enough it does make a little sense why Lo is more towards pointing a sword than words due to the stress on her currently. It's been a constant "So and so does this shit with a gun and force has to be used", so she jumps to conclusions a bit quickly since she wants the problem settled. Which uh. Yeah doesn't work well.

I'll be honest, I would /love/ for Loura to be Raoul again. The female body was a bit of punishment after being hurt so often for his recklessness. Problem is when it was statistically compared to the old body it was much better. (That and me and Onyx joking about hiding a knife in her boobs kind of made me laugh a bit). Honestly though Loura is just the new name, anagram of Raoul, for "Dark and threatening" was another reason to keep that name instead of Raoul. Had a bit more meaning to it then the old one. Personality wise, Loura hasn't changed at all compared to Raoul, other than a new voice and body. Still just a dick.

But yeah, gender swap. I regret it a bit, but ICly Raoul would have kept the body because it was better.

6. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

This whole edgelord paradise you're pulling off is laughable. M-Bot nailed it. Also this random gender swap which was a downright ridiculous thing.
    See, you even have a name which apparently means "dark and threatening". As a whole, Raoul is dull character despite being edgy, which often makes me feel as if this character got no purpose or need to develop any further. This gender swap felt like your attempt to give this character another purpose, but it didn't work as much. Atleast in my eyes. Punishment or not, I doubt it would be done without your consent. So you wanted it.

7. LaserLlamas

Did ask first and offered to change it back. Still a regret of mine not changing them back to a male, though like I said they wouldn't change the body because of the new one being better and all that. Genderswap wasn't for another purpose, either. I have a bad habbit of making jokes and them actually happening. The anagram name was suggested by Onyx to fit hte new bod. Raoul was pretty reluctant about it at first, let the lip slip and Varkun started calling her it so she went with it.

As far as being an "edgelord" goes, trying to lean away from that a bit. Loura is gonna be taking more time to perfect her forge work, as well as take a break from fighting in general. Been fighting all her life, and since she finally has emotions implemented she wants to finally relax and use her time for herself. She'll be going to the Elder position of the Wolves, so she can be lazy there and just offer advice and all that to the Wolves, instead of having to fight all the time. (That and college is coming, so I can't devote time to the Wolves as much).

As far as giving them a new purpose, like I said, perfecting her forge work and trying to find peace with herself. Other problem is there's still a lot of pent up emotions in her that she needs to sort out as well. None the less thanks for your view. I'll see what I can do to work out the kinks and give her some kind of purpose.

8. Sen

Sen Guest

At least the Wolves learned and stopped their casual planet killing. Can't say the same for other certain players who refuse to learn or accept criticism.

9. LaserLlamas

Casual planet killing? Not sure what you're on about. Care to elaborate a bit?

10. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

He's likely referring to the bit that was in Shadow's backstory. At least that's what I think he meant. Where it was stated that Shadow has destroyed entire planets on his own.

11. Sen

Sen Guest

There was a period of time when individuals claiming to be Wolves also claimed to casually kill planets over global chat, amongst other absurd things.

12. LaserLlamas

Oh. Shadow. No we kicked him out awhile ago. I can't recall if he's on the hierarchy still or not, though, just since Nox is busy with work and such.

As far as planet killing goes, no, we haven't done /any/ of that. Along with anyone who has that in their backstory or something it's frowned upon. But again - This ain't about the Wolves, this is about Raoul/Loura.

Don't derail the topic. Many thanks.

13. Sen

Sen Guest

Ah, apologies. There are so many players trying so laughably hard to prove their badassery to everyone, that I tend to mix them all up.

14. Edvyn

Edvyn Permanently Banned

my two cents:

you are either a katana enthusiast or a supergenius

you can't do both

doing both is lame

decide whether you're a katana enthusiast or a supergenius please

15. LaserLlamas

Eh? Mind elaborating a bit?

16. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

He's saying that you should decide if you're going to be a thinky, scientist type, or a hardened contract killer. Not both.

My main complaint about Raoul, is that he's a walking cliché. If this character was a parody, I would adore it, but it's not. Do you really expect people to take you seriously when you say things like "I would enjoy torturing your soul."?

#16 Kirby teh Pink, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2014
  17. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

Raoul the Hedgehog

18. Edvyn

Edvyn Permanently Banned

psssh...nothin personnel...kid...

19. LaserLlamas

Noted. I'd lean towards more him being the hardened contract killer. While he does develop some tech on the side, it's for the purposes of that. I wouldn't call him the scientist type at all.

As for cliche goes hm.... I can only recall saying that once. (May of been when I was half asleep so it's a bit of a blur). Explain a bit more about the cliche thing. You can't expect changes if there aren't specifics.

20. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

I love you, okay.
    Soo lemme just uh,

You're not batman
    You're not the protagonist

And that's all the input I have to throw in for now