1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

a͞ ̢saḑ ͝tal̶e͞ of̷ om̛n͞i͞pr̴e҉s̛en͘se

Discussion in 'Character Journals' started by Unix, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Unix

Unix Guest

<p style="text-align:center;"><span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:14px;font-style:italic;font-weight:normal;text-decoration:none;text-transform:none;letter-spacing:4px;line-height:20px;color:000000;">|{LOGBEGIN}|
    <br>
    <br>
    Hm. <br><br> It would seem that this frontier is a much easier world to make a living in then in the darkness that is the grottoes of the U.S.C.M. I shouldn't talk about that.

But why?
    <br>
    I am an insane man. I know this. I feel that I am being watched. Watched in the confines of my own mind. Because I am. I cannot trust. I lack the ability to trust. The ability to write something down on paper, to type it on a computer disconnected from everything, and say it is private. Nothing is private. <br><br>Privacy is a dream. By nature it is temporary. Information that is "private" is simply placed in a place that is slightly out of the way, waiting to be dug out and discovered by the right person.
    <br><br>
    Most of the time, the wrong person.
    <br><br>
    ...And I'm probably the latter, all things considered.
    <br><br>
    |{LOGEND}|</span>
    </p>
    (( in the event the title causes problems, i'll change it to normal text. ))

2. Unix

Unix Guest

Code:
    <!typeset = txt>
    <!encrypt md31>
    try;
         var dir = .../CIGNUS/main/journals
    ? existance_error;
         var dir .../CIGNUS/main/backup
         alert|+phone.inputreciever,+system.inputreciever,"There is evidence of folder tampering, sir. Do you wish to take immediate action?"|

<!binary>
    I BROKE MY FUCKING KNEE.

I MEAN GODDAMMIT I BROKE MY FUCKING KNEE.

okaythisisreallypissingmeoffThis, ladies and gentlemen, is why trying to be the good guy never works and you will only ever find prosperity being an asshole. Given, if I said that to the asshole who got his head shot off and set on fire AFTER I broke my knee, he'd probably punch me in the stomach.

Y'know. Because he got shot and set on fire.

...I think I'm taking this personality to heart a bit more than I should.

Either way, I've successfully ordered some orbital bouncers, so that should make things easier. The true kicker is that I am surprisingly low on funds at the moment, and none of my applications have been truly looked at. And the funds I need are a bit egregious...

wait.

I've got it.

Code:
    <!binary>

3. Unix

Unix Guest

Code:
    <!typeset = txt>
    <!encrypt md31>
    try;
    ? existance_error;
         alert|+phone.inputreciever,+system.inputreciever,"There is evidence of folder tampering, sir. Do you wish to take immediate action?"|

<!binary>

...It all makes sense.

If it's the Italian's behind the death of redhead, it would make sense that Abbey's keeping quiet because she was redhead's friend. And Dust is Abbey's friend, so there was a threat exchanged somewhere at sometime and that means the guy who shot me is either an accociate or is an Italian, which in that case GODFUCKINGDAMMITFUCKFUCK.

I'm involved with the mob now, aren't I?

That combined with the fact that Sessiel and Upton spontaniously dissappeared after I sent them to investigate is not boding well for anyone in anyway. I think I fuckedupanimmenseamount this time. Let's see if I can fix it correctly.

Code:
    <!binary>

4. Unix

Unix Guest

Code:
    <!typeset = txt>
    <!encrypt md31>
    try;
    ? existance_error;

<!binary>
    ...Sessiel and Upton tried to break into the mobboss apartment.

WHO EVEN WHY DID YOU THINK THIS WAS AT ALL A GOOD IDEA I MEAN FUCKING SERIOUSLY I'M SO DONE $YG$YGe34

...So that's a development. In developments.

So the two people who I could have possibly used as unhired muscle are now targets. That Maz guy - quite a promising lad, but I don't think he's cut out for the muscle job any more than I am. I'm nearly broke anyway, I need a job and some money, real quick.

...Yeah. Real quick.

The Armored Wolves has not proved to be at all promising in any way in the money department. Perhaps I should reach out to more black market aven-- no, that's what got me in this mess. I've got a few 10ks left in the vault, let's see what I can squeeze out of it.
    Code:
    <!binary>

5. Unix

Unix Guest

Code:
    <!typeset = txt>
    <!encrypt md31>
    try;
    ? existance_error;

<!binary>
    The mob's onto me.

I think either Upton or Sessiel is dead.

I don't know what to think anymore.

I went to the Italiano. I don't know why. Maybe I wanted information. Maybe I wanted to distance myself from their enemies. Maybe I was just fucking hungry. I don't know. What I do know is that I can't fight them. I know I can't. I can do something else.

Haven is still out there, somewhere. And I know there's people in that goddamn city that Contralto has around his leash. I can't fight the mob - but I I can save them.

I've been with Jacob Grimm for four years now. Maybe it's time I change again. Let's see what we can squeeze out of ol' Grimm before I have to kill him too.
    Code:
    <!binary>