1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Ahern's Wild Game - Preserved Meat Supplies

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Shag, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

So I was thinking. I haven't really seen any companies or factions that sell food or the like. Most colonies, factions and people don't seem to have a clear source of food supplies. At all. And while I'm not exactly planning to start with a full-blown enterprise selling all kinds of exotic and staple vegetables and meat and whatnot, I'd like to be one of the first to pioneer this section of the server's economic sector and provide supplies.

I plan on starting small. Think, the store over at the corner of the streer selling fresh and preserved meat. It is possible to mantain said tiny store alone if you take all of your time in it, produce and process all of your products. I've done a little research and, it seems that producing preserved foods like ham, sausages and smoked/salted meat, while hard to do so on your own, is not entirely impossible.

This might not be the most exciting rp, to hunt alien animals and preserve their flesh, and then sell it, but it is why I'd like to start it out as a solo project.

However I can't just pull out all the supplies to actually preserve the food and storage it outta nowhere, and this is where we can begin trading with other factions for materials, which /is/ (most of the time) interesting RP.

Of course, I'm hoping to have a little IC support, like mantain certain contracts with other factions to recieve funding and investments amd repay them later on as the business grows.

TL;DR : I wanna sell meat and I'm hoping people will be interested.

These are just my thoughts and I'd appreciate some feedback.

Would this be possible? Would it help fill in another factor that must be taken care of? Is anyone interested in buying food at all?

2. Atom

Atom New Member

I support this idea. For the Floran food store (for lack of ever naming it) on Gum Splinter brings in all the meat from local monsters and our limited menu expresses this. It would be great to have a place to sell to when over-stocked or when we want to expand the menu.

Splinter would totally set up weekly trades with you to supply the shop. Most of my ship (Jones) is a freezer for storing pelts and meat. The knowledge of how to properly skin and preserve creatures was worked into my back story. It actually has earned a decent amount of pixels selling the goods in the store, first on NC and now on Gum.

#2 Atom, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014
  3. Shag

Sure! It could also work vice-versa if you're ever running low or need more 'exotic' meat choices. This could help me have a valid IC start-up for the shop! I'll start writing down plans on what I can do and how I can achieve these goals.

4. Shag

Will do.

If anyone else haves any other useful input or constructive criticism, please write it down as every bit helps!