1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

日記美香 (Diary of Mei Xiang)

Discussion in 'Character Journals' started by Tokidoki, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Tokidoki

Tokidoki New Member

*The audio-only entry is spoken by a human female, speaking entirely in Mandarin Chinese.*

My name is Mei Xiang. I am on the Danxia Shan. A light frigate of the Chinese Navy, and the home of the Chinese Empire in-exile. With the events surrounding the meteor we towed in and the death of everyone else onboard, I am now the sole representative of the government of China. My father was Emperor, and when he died during the Fall of Earth, I was Empress, for about three weeks. Thousands were evacuated under my government's efforts. Millions more perished, including my mother and most of my siblings. I don't know where those refugees went, I don't know if they hated me as much as they hated my father. I'm not like to find out anytime soon.

Empire of China. Population: one. Territory: the Danxia Shan.
    --------
    *This entry also has no video, only audio. The date stamp is only a day after the previous one.*

Mao Xu is my sister, and the only one of our family not on Earth. She was in the USCM, the organization my father refused to let me join. I mean to find her on whatever distant world she's on---dead or alive. I'm sincerely hoping the latter.
    ---
    *This entry has video now, showing Mei Xiang. She looks like she has minor wounds. Behind her is the sounds of a Floran exploring a ship for the very first time. She is speaking in halting English this time.*

Low on fuel, food and water. Had to stop above what I later discovered was a death world. Only one other person was on this world---a Floran by the name of Scale. Scale is the first non-human person I have met, and the first person I've talked to in a long while that is not a computer. He is odd and very alien, but he was good company. I made contact with a colony called "Honeydew Prior" using what little qubits I have in the QE Communicator. Let's see how this goes.

#1 Tokidoki, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2014