1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Actual working Starbound Composer workaround?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aissa, Nov 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Aissa

Aissa Clockwork Pastry Lobster

I've seen the changelog for the next version of SB Composer, but it doesn't give any estimates for the date of its completion. In the meantime, I've tried Maestro (which didn't work at all for my purposes), and two different workarounds for Composer (neither of which was any use).

Anyone have a functioning Composer? If so, how?

2. Amethyst

Amethyst Birdiest Bird to Ever Say Words

I don't know how this hasn't been seen yet.

What's your issue exactly? My Composer works just fine.

#2 Amethyst, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2016
  3. Lyra

Lyra Ayy

Well, your post just gave me notice to SB Composer, so take this as you will, but:
    I work with MuseScore 2 for composition. It has an easy way to convert its files to MIDI, and from there you can convert it to an ABC. You won't hear it exactly like it will in game, but it's rather close, and it's easy to use.

1 person likes this.
  4. Aissa

Aissa Clockwork Pastry Lobster

No instruments show up at all. I've tried adding them in as a mod and directing the program to detect modded-in instruments, and I've tried creating a "dummy" Starbound installation with the instruments all unpacked, but neither has worked.

5. Amethyst

Amethyst Birdiest Bird to Ever Say Words

Huh, that's...odd. I had the same issue, but it worked whenever I modded them in. I guess you could check to make sure everything got fully unpacked and that you actually clicked apply and restarted SC, but you probably know that already.

Here's a zip of the files I got to work: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ddloy4x10iwz1g2/defaultinstruments.zip?dl=0
    Just place and unzip in your mods and hopefully you should be good to go. If it's not a mishap in the unpacking process, then Iunno what the problem is, other than it just being the SC settings.