1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

About the upcoming 1.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DmanriquezS, Jul 10, 2016.

?

Would you like the 1.0 update on the server?

1. I decided after a extensive thought that the answer is Yes

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. I decided after a extensive thought that the answer is No

14 vote(s)
    63.6%
  1. DmanriquezS

DmanriquezS New Member

Hello, antares community.

Probably, this has already been talked about, in that case I haven't noticed (sorry if that's the case). I already played the nightly version and completed all the lore, which in my opinion is nice and I liked it, it has shown so much about the different species, things before I played this version, I didn't understand so well, and all the new stuff! I just loved the comming 1.0 update!

Anyways, I'm here to ask these two questions.

1) Will this server ever update to 1.0? I ask this because it adds soooo many items! which of course, leads to a lot of custom items generated from assets ( I never created one, but at least I've been told that's how it works ) Yet, I also consider that will lead to a possible universe reset, and that's the tricky part, because all the places, well, the only ones I know is Mud and a camp I never knew it's name, but I know it's at x: 81 y:91, those places seem to have taked a looong time to make, and to rebuild those places would be certainly very hard and time consuming, not mentioning the fact that while they're being rebuilt (if they're rebuilt) , there would be like a very big void on the roleplay, which is... not very nice. SO, we would have these options, "Restart" the whole roleplay, which I bet, more than 80% would say "no", (if the update requires a universe reset) rebuild everything which the owners of those places (actually the only one I know it is the owner of the place is "Ernal" [not really sure which is his profile] and the camp I mentioned before, I was not even sure if it had a owner (My character never asked, and I'm basically my character, lol) wouldn't be very excited doing all that work again... I would help though, if this option is chosen, and finnally the last option is never update, which... uuh... I'll just do " :( " if that happens, I have no arguments against that other than "but I want the update, look at al this cool stuff! D: "

AAAND question 2 would be: Will we adapt the roleplay to the lore of starbound? In this thing in specific I don't mean like, change ALL character's knowledge and just pour all this new information to them, but I mean like, if from this moment, for example, characters could get to know these protectorates. I mean, it wouldn't really harm, considering the universe is practically infinite, we could just consider that earth was many parasecs from Council Space, so we simply weren't informed (this would be a very basic way to integrate the lore of starbound, but I know this place has many brilliant writers (or roleplayers that are very good at making stories, in my opinon, the same) and they can surely propose a idea that everyone will like.

And that is all! wow, that was quite a lot! Anyways, I left a poll so you can vote, of course letting you change whenever you want if you get convinced by either side. Thanks everyone who read this for taking your time and feel free to leave your answers and opinions!

(I am sorry for any grammar mistakes, not my native language, but I did my best)

2. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

Due to 1.0's update to the chat system which takes away planetary chat. The devs said they'd 'consider' adding it back in. Just good ol' chucklefuck being a dick sucker.

1 person likes this.
  3. DmanriquezS

DmanriquezS New Member

Please, let's ignore that one thing. I know it's essential for roleplaying, but, 1.0 official hasn't come out yet, and the server won't update immediately, it would take at least a month or two I think. And in all that time, either it has been implemented, or someone made a mod for it, because there's many people that want that, including us...

4. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

Angre has already stated this. And it's literally on the home of the forum. We cannot ignore it when we have thirty people online talking in global chat. It's hard enough to keep up with a planet of ten people. I'm sorry man, if you want to take this up with Angre do so.

5. Thewaltham

Thewaltham New Member

There will be a mod for to add it back in if Chucklefish remove it, no doubt. However, having to force people to download a mod in order to play on our server is a bit of a hurdle (although things like ACM and its associated techs are virtually a requirement anyway), however, I feel the additional things added would be worth it over all.

I don't think Chucklefish would be stupid enough to disable planetary chat, then again, I've underestimated them before. There's just no point to do it unless they're purposely trying to discourage roleplayers, or hell, discourage large servers in general, which would cut into their customer base a great deal as to be honest... After a while in singleplayer Starbound gets old. The only reason I'm still playing it is because of this server.

6. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Planet chat is not something that can be modded back in. It is built into the client and would require modification and redistribution of the binary files themselves. Without access to the source code, this is not an easy task.

As for whether Chucklefish would do this or not, it's not a matter of guessing. They've already confirmed that planet chat is removed in 1.0. They may look into adding it back after 1.0 but they've refused to make any promises.

7. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

Because they're cunts...

8. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

9. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

And on the lore side of things, I don't think anyone here really likes the idea of the protectorate.

1 person likes this.
  10. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

I dunno, the new Floran lore is sorta intriguing.
    Might change the Floran lore as a result.

11. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

Due to popular demand and preference by the community, we will not be including the protectorate in the lore. It is frankly a stupid concept for what it is, and conflicts with past server lore concerning specifically the United Systems.

12. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Yeah, while the USCM still exists in the game (the dungeons are still a thing)a lot of its lore has been removed, the protectorate is kind of a green lantern corps rip off with a matter manipulator instead of a green lantern ring... Frankly it's just a lazy way to wrap up the singleplayer story and is generally a dumb idea.