1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

A Weapons Corporation

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by ZeeDubyah, Mar 26, 2015.

1. ZeeDubyah

ZeeDubyah New Member

Hello there, factions of Antares. Are you looking for a fresh supply of weapons in your never-ending quest to do whatever it is you're doing? We thought so. Well, look no further than the nameless, faceless, nonexistent weapons corporation of Antares!

My idea is to create some sort of start up company that would begin by simply scavenging for weapons and providing them for a gun shop operated out of one or more of the Antares hubs. Everyone seems to have lovely weapons, but where do they really come from? This process could grow with the recruitment of supply ships and possibly people who are willing to create custom guns for RPs sake. The end goal would be to provide the major factions with the weapons they need to continue whatever operations they're undertaking, or to provide everyone's quintessential space mercenary with something to threaten people with. We would cater all orders, big or small, as long as the customer has the right amount of pixels.

Of course, such a company would not thrive without conflict. There would have to be some sort of villainous subculture existing within the group that's prepared to incite wars for the good of the company. These people may very well be members of the factions that the company caters to, desperate to feel a couple of more pixels lining there pockets.

In conclusion, this would be not only a corporation that dealt in firearms and various other weapons, but also a shady syndicate that values no banner. They trade their loyalties for currency...kind of reminiscent of America.

2. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

[​IMG]
    "Looks like it works to me!"

To be honest, we already have a few gun producing organizations. I can name two off the top of my head: Jace Ombre's thingy, and Boris's gun shop. I think there's another smaller one, but the point is, the idea of making a space Smith & Wesson isn't a new one.

I like your idea, though, of using your business to manipulate factions politically. However, from my point of view, we don't need more gun makers. Not sure if others think similarly, that's just the way I see it.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

too many guns and soldiers already anyway

4. ZeeDubyah

ZeeDubyah New Member

Thanks for your input, guys! Maybe I'll adjust the idea slightly to be another business venture.

I'm really interested in this shady organization idea.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Maybe a provider of tools and other supplies. There aren't many sources of food or shipwrights or non-combat related supplies.