1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

A Tale of Two Sisters

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Arcullis, Oct 16, 2015.

?

What should the fates of the sisters be?

Poll closed Oct 21, 2015.
  1. Both live and stay in Council Space.

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Both die.

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. Yulara dies, but Stella lives and stays.

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. Stella dies, but Yulara lives and stays.

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  5. Yulara dies, and Stella moves back home.

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. Stella dies, and Yulara moves back home.

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Both live, but head home together.

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Arcullis

Arcullis New Member

So to anyone who has been a part of or been keeping up with this little story arc I started, it's about to come to a close. To anyone not familiar with the story, a synopsis of the events thus far will be put in a spoiler down below. (This will be edited as the story progresses to keep record)

Basically, I started these characters in order to provide entertainment to everyone else rather than myself. Don't get me wrong, I have really enjoyed playing the two and it has been a lot of fun doing the events that go along with it. However, keeping this in mind, there obviously has to be a resolution of some sort. It only seems fair that since I started this with you guys in mind, that you get to decide the final outcome.

Each of you have two votes since there are quite a bit of options and I don't know how many are actually going to participate. You can change them as you see fit, but after five days the poll will close automatically- making the results final. The only way to know the outcome is going to be if you actually are there to witness it, or hear second-hand from said witness.

So how do you want it to end? Should it be a happy ending, or a tragic one? Looking forward to hearing your thoughts! If you want to get in on the action, you can jump in at Pinewood!

Stella was a shy and timid bookworm who ran away from home to escape her routine lifestyle to embark on her own adventure- although she more so wanted to hear about them than partake... Eventually she met Sol, who took her in and led to her staying in Pinewood as the cook in the Inn- befriending various people such as Ace and Rodrick along the way. She very much enjoyed this new life she had.

One night, Sol got up and stormed out of the house. Stella, who was obviously worried for her friend, went to go find him. In truth, Sol had gone to seek Rodrick to confide in, revealing some unsavory facts about his background. When Stella sent a message to Rodrick, one white lie turned for the worse... Sol had told Rodrick to simply tell the girl that he had gone to Olympus. Not realizing it was not the truth, Stella had gone to seek out her friend- but went missing in the process...

The next day, after a night of searching by those who knew of her disappearance, another new face strode into town. She introduced herself as Yulara, and claimed she too was looking for Stella. Eventually she revealed that Stella was her younger sister, and that she had come to take her back home. After investigating, she made friends with those who knew Stella, finding allies to search with.

While investigating on Olympus, a deranged man approached Yulara, asking for help. His slew of insanity-ridden speech was lost on her, but he then abruptly claimed that he was a slaver who smuggled his goods with his company out of Council Space to more shadier sectors. His ship had supposedly been ambushed and his crew slaughtered. After being questioned further by Yulara, he revealed that he had indeed taken a novakid who matched Stella's profile on the dot. In turn, Yulara dragged him back to the scene of the crime, with the man pleading not to go back.

After arriving, she requested the assistance of her friends to investigate the wreckage of the ship. Just before they had arrived, the slaver had hung himself on a loose chain in all of his madness. After exploring the ship and investigating the body, Yulara, Rodrick, Greg, and Sol had come to the conclusion that it was most likely a Slaver War, and that Stella must have got caught in the middle of it.

With her stresslevels rising, Yulara had to act quickly. Taking the ship's numbers to an outside agency, she procured a list of registered places the ship had visited- the most recent being a space station in an approximate location. With Ace, Sol, Rodrick, and even guest star Omega at her back, she scoured the station in hopes of finding her sister- but to no avail...

Instead she found the grizzly records of the events that transpired on the space station... Her sister, along with various other slaves, had been tortured for sadistic amusement by their captors- not seeming to care for the well-being of them in any shape or form. This sent Yulara into a bloodlust- which she took out on a slaver who seemed to be the sole-survivor of the station. Deciding that she no longer wanted to be a part of her newly found friend's company, she sent them on their way so that she could inflict the same punishment on the man that befell her little sister.

This was in no way beneficial for her. In her selfish plight for revenge, not only did she not get a bit of information out of the man who screamed in fear and pain, but she instead broke apart- having only Ace to stop her from doing anything she would regret in this new-found state of depression. Was her sister hurt, or even alive? Would she ever find her at all? How would she explain any of this to her family? Questions upon questions piled into her mind, leaving her confused and angry.

Time passed and wounds healed- mostly because a particular sweetheart who reminded Yulara just how precious Stella was to her. If she was going to mope around, she would have to do it after she found her little sister. With renewed vigor, she headed back to the station with Ace to find out just what did happen on that space station... The results were less than pleasing.

Looking at the security recordings together, they found out the unpleasant truth. An eerie and sinister looking man who was shipped in with Stella had lifted the keys off an unsuspecting guard as they entered through the door to the station. Breaking free of his binds in his cramped cell, he waited in silence... As if he had planned it all out- the majority of the guards rushed off onto their ships- presumably to go aid the currently transpiring attack that would later be discovered by Yulara and her friends...

Taking the time to have a little fun, the guard posted to watch the prisoners waltzed in for his usual greet and beat. To his dismay, the prisoner who had broken free dealt with him quickly- and silently. He led the slaves to the exit, taking out every slaver without a single shot ever being fired. Commanding the slaves to drag the bodies with them, they vanished back into the vastness of space to go back into reclusive hiding...

2. Froot

Froot OH SO VERY NICE

Two on "both die". Nobody survives in Antares.

3. TheExoHunter

TheExoHunter The Prettiest Princess

Oh damn. It's could be close for life and death.

4. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

Either both live or Stella dies and Yulara stays. Voted accordingly, just letting you know what I chose as I was involved in this. Also I'd be up for joining in whatever the next step is, assuming I'm available.

5. Arcullis

Arcullis New Member

Course! The next event should be tomorrow- I can hold off to whenever your available since you missed the last one.

6. TheExoHunter

It might be nice for there to be someone who can hack this faster than Sol.

7. TheExoHunter

Also, I think you forgot to mention in the post that Stella's sister hates Sol for unknown reasons.

8. Arcullis

Arcullis New Member

Two things;
    1. You can edit your posts rather than making new ones.
    2. Not relevant enough to put in a synopsis- just fleshing out her character.

9. TheExoHunter

/\ Did not know this.
    Edit: Also alright.

10. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

Tomorrow should be fine, unless I get another spontaneous migraine again.

11. Runix

Runix New Member

At what time (and timezone) would it be going down?

12. Arcullis

Arcullis New Member

The final event is still undecided. I'm going to wait and see what people's schedules are like once the deadline approaches.