1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

A New Beginning

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Donovennn, May 13, 2014.

1. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

*Angel*

Requiem: an old human word meaning a token of remembrance meant to honor what what has been lost.
    So fitting, then, that the rebirth of my enterprise takes place in the Requia system. A few days ago, my old mining port at the Alpha Lyncis system was stolen by pirates. They just cut the mooring cables and towed it away. ((OOCly it got wiped and I don't know exactly when so it can't be restored, but I decided to roll with it and this is as good a reason as any.)) While this would be a crushing blow for most small businesses, I was in the process of relocating at the time, and finished my new station just when I got the news. The new station is bigger, better, and overall more likely to keep you alive in the void of space. The layout has changed, of course, and while you will see plenty of features from the previous building, there are several more that have been added as well. Here's what we have to offer!

To summarize, this hotel/mining station is a place for asteroid miners to live and relax in when they're not mining for ores out in the asteroid field, hence our location. For the average miner, the risks are very great, but with a safe and modern home to return to, the chances of your death are reduced greatly.

We offer a selection of suites for you to return to at the end of a hard day's work..
    The front lobby doubles as a social area, allow friends to meet and plan their next outing.
    We offer the use of Refineries, devices that can convert any ore you mine into Pixels. Cut out the middle man and get the cash directly.
    You will also find a crate outside the facility containing several dozen life support systems. These are provided for intrepid miners who like their innards where they belong. Upon leaving the hotel, please return them to the crate for others to use.
    Worried about security? No need to fret. Our security personnel are ready and waiting at all times.
    They have the authority to act as they see fit, so any attempt to cause harm in the hotel will be met with immediate response. While these measures seem extreme, this allows the hotel to be open at all times, even when I am away on business.
    The inside of the facility is surrounded by nanostove placements, keeping you warm in the cold of space.
    (Warning: the stoves only extend so far. past the walls, you must use your own heating equipment.)
    We have a Restaurant. It's located below the sleeping quarters. We are not responsible for the actions of guests under the influence of alcohol.
    We also have a marketplace that will set you up with all your mining and health needs.
    Discount Housing Complex- Now complete, it adds a cheaper alternative to a full suite. sure its not much, but it's a place to go in between expeditions, what more can you want?
    Movie Theatre- A theatre that show movies. From thrillers like Cybernetic Apocalypse, to the controversial romantic comedy 10 Things I Hate About Florans, we have it all.
    (Note: The latter movie has not been reviewed by this hotel and does not express the views of the hotel. please don't sue.)
    Finally, our garden allows us to stay self sufficient and keep the station going in the event of an emergency.

But what does all this cost? All we ask is a mere five to ten precent of whatever profits were gained.
    surely a small price to pay for such exemplary service!
    Our location is X Requia 38 I a, coordinates X: 36, Y: 120.
    We hope you have a wonderful (and profitable!) stay.

#1 Donovennn, May 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2014
  2. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Albina-
    Wow, only payment is a 5% of everything we mine? Well, I won't mine at all so I can eat here for free. No more money wasted on food, the 5% of 0 is 0!
    ==
    -Anna-
    Oh, finally you've posted it. Hope it brings people