1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

A giant enemy crab with sparkly umbrellas. [Opinions On Drige Thosto]

Discussion in 'Character Discussion' started by Malachar, Aug 8, 2014.

?

What is the meaning of life?

1. 42

50.0%
  2. Cheeseburgers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Leg

30.0%
  4. Avacados

20.0%
  1. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

Figured I'd make one for my 2nd oldest character as well since Cateth hasn't seen enough sunlight to form many opinions.

Drige hasn't been seen by absolutely everyone, but for those who have, what are your thoughts, or questions if you have them.

2. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Why is he insane?

3. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

A character that was made to be lolsorandumbxdd and basically a joke. Alas, not a good joke aswell. First when I seen this character, I just thought it was somebody mucking about OOC. I would love to say more about this character, but there is literally nothing else to be said.

4. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

I hate characters like this with a passion. Joke characters existing just because do little besides pull me out of the roleplay around me. Tends to be why I don't respond to them at all. Saw quite a few of these back on TF.

5. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

His logs explain his loss of his sanity, search for "moments of clarity" need to update them at some point

Fair enough opinion. I've never gotten to delve into Drige's sane side because he's never been able to "recieve help", so to speak. Most people simply treat him as the "harmless neighborhood loony"

Reason for existing is assumption and it seems like you've been burned on characters who purpose really was just that. But I really should make a point to delve deeper, and perhaps have him pushed back to sanity to deal with his issues.

6. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

By all means use this as a place to explain the greater purpose, and reasoning behind Dirge as a character.

7. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

Well I have a few plans to reveal his greater backstory, [what was he doing on that planet? Why did nobody respond to his distress calls? etc.] but it will either come gradually through his own logs as he comes to terms with himself and stop running from himself by embracing insanity or if someone ties him down, forces his medication down his throat, and gets him a shrink.
    [why would a character have medication for dementia and such on hand? Once again, spoilers into what goes on the the recesses of his mind]

Edit: Also, why does everyone read DIrge instead of DRige.
    /cry

8. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

So the Awe method of explanation. Also, apologies, Drige. Not sure why I always saw Dirge.

9. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

Awe method? Not sure exactly what you're referring to.
    EDIT: Guess i'm not getting an explanation...))

And no worries, the words look so similar it's easy to mistake, and the fact that your mind attempts to see the real word over the name.

#9 Malachar, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2014