1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Okay better idea

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Grifter, May 14, 2014.

?

Good Idea?

1. Yar

23.1%
  2. Neigh

76.9%
  1. Grifter

Grifter New Member

Okay, The Undead monster thing didn't work, so now. I'll just put a picture up here and let your imaginations do the work.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Okay, So The Rakghoul plague in SWTOR or KOTOR, Whichever, Is related to this idea, Basically, Foreign Virus and junk turn a civilization of Whatever (I'll go Village searching in abit) Into monsters, Its Quarantine to prevent spread and basically they try to escape, They succeed and Kill their guards and the corpses become more of them, So basically, The Diehard hero or Villain goes to investigate to find these disgusting mongrels everywhere.

Now, The rest of the story is up to the players, Destroy the victims, Try to find a cure, Or BECOME One.

The Victims would grow Bone like wings and Skulls, Their pigment would be pale white, their clothes and gender gone, Nothing but lifeless shells waiting to spread this infection.

*SCREENSHOTS PENDING*

#1 Grifter, May 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2014
  2. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

Man now you provided even /less/ thought into the topic

3. Grifter

Grifter New Member

I'll add more in abit, scrub.

4. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

Again dood, the race/faction/entity/enemy/whatever can just be... well. ANYTHING. (Aslong as we keep it Sci-fi)

But they sorta gotta accompany an event.

You also need a reason for this event to be happening
    The /event/ is what requires all the thought.
    What even /is/ the event.

GOSH DURGE. Don't you have a gospel of mark to be reading in our barn

5. Grifter

Grifter New Member

I'm busy repairing myself, jeez.

6. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

I'm personally a huge fan of the survival horror genre. Undead-mutant infection survival events? Sign me up.

If you think this out some more and give it some serious substance, I'll hop on board bby ;)

7. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

This kind of thing, unfortunately, is in the same category as creating custom races and the like. This will not be allowed to be done. I know it's a brief statement, but there's not much more to say, really. Not to mention the idea comes from a well known source. Apologies.

8. Grifter

Grifter New Member

Technically, Its just an Event species, Which means it'll be dead or cured once the Event ends, And the Rakghoul plague photos were just examples.

9. Terallis

It still is the invention of a custom species, really, with special abilities that exactly resemble that of a Rakghoul from Star Wars. Hehe. Not trying to sound mean or anything. Just stating that something like this won't be allowed, unfortunately. Sorry. :)

10. Grifter

Grifter New Member

Custom species like this have been done before, A USCM event did something similar also.
    EDIT: Also, It doesn't have special abilities of The Rakghoul, It was just to hint it was a virus.

11. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

The problem is that the players can also take on the roles of the infected as their character. The USCM had a similar event, but it was with generic characters, so it could even be played off as some animalistic subspecies, and it didn't exist past that event.

12. Terallis

A weird mutated creature as a one-time sort of boss fight is a bit iffy, but somewhat acceptible. What's being proposed here is a creature that, again, is an exact replica of the Rakghoul with a few minor alterations, primarily to the appearance. Unlike the USCM event, this thing can infect and cause these mutations, whether there's a cure or not.

13. Grifter

Grifter New Member

I see both of your points, But it isn't the Rakghoul Plague since it is NOT Sith Magic. And if players wish to be infected with consent, then so be it, They can be cured by the time the event is over.

14. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

To clarify the USCM thing wasn't a species, it was all humans that got infected and mutated into monstrosities blah blah. No "new races" or anything like that.

15. Grifter

Grifter New Member

Well, This isn't a new species, Lemme explain:

Its a Virus which transforms any Living creature into a Boney-Skinny Creature, Or a weird plant thing, Depending, It mutates the Victim depending on their Bone type or Body type, Species Affected are: Hylotl, Apex, Human, Floran (Assuming they have bones), Avian.
    I never ment for this to be a different species.

Sorry, It was a long night last night, And I'm still tired.

16. Avis

But at the same time, it was only for an event. If players are allowed to have their normal characters be some infected zombie race, that invites all sorts of things to happen, such as new characters coming in who already had it even after it's eradicated, or people wanting to make their own version of it, all sorts of godmodding complications, and then people creating a new race or some such thing and saying "Well it's not that different from this.."

17. Grifter

Grifter New Member

Tbh, I think people should just use Generic characters and do their thing, Then send in the Hazmatted Important PC's.

18. The Grand Mugwump

This makes it a custom player character race. It will definitely get a nope if it allows people to remain a rakghoul. (Also, at least change the name if you're going to rip an idea. x_x )

Isn't mutated people the thing Durge is proposing? I'm unaware as to whether the mutated humans were player characters or not in the USCM, but since they aren't walking around terrorizing the nearest colony, I'm assuming they died with the event. These rakghouls will likely receive a similar requirement, no lasting rakghoul player characters.

19. Avis

Well with that you'd just want to organize a localized event, not a serverwide thing. If you let this have even mild free roam, people will godmod and all sorts of things to avoid being cured.

20. Grifter

Grifter New Member

Yeah, And they're not exactly Rakghouls, They're SIMILAR, I'll think of a name later.