1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

A Contribution to the Galaxy

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Avis, May 12, 2014.

1. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

Posted by Eitan Levy, Pilot and expert in Vessel Design

It has come to my attention that there are frequent issues with citizens of our galaxy becoming stranded or lost in secluded pockets of the frontier. In response I have attempted to create something which would transcend any organization, with the base purpose of aid. I present the RV-001.[​IMG]
    ((Forgive me for my sub par image creating skills.))

This vessel is outfitted with two pods, hooked in by their laterals, which are capable of deployment to the planet's surface. To the right is a set of lockers for any gear required, such as enviro-suits or defensive measures. Further up, the ship is outfitted with an impromptu surgery room, and below, a room for those in recovery to rest. The ship also has a comms room stronger than most other ships, and a standard bridge. The ship is left rather bare to allow customization as the owner seems fit, but it bares no offensive measures, with minimal shields, as the ship is meant to act swiftly, and needs the energy to help supply the medbays for any further equipment to be installed.

Some of you may ask "You're an active member of the Armada, why not add this ship to the fleet?". To answer this question, I would explain that those in need are not limited to only one group. Be it the USCM, the Holy Fleet, or the Armada, someone somewhere will come to a struggle which leaves them helpless. I am presenting this ship to the galaxy, completely unaffiliated with the Armada. The blueprints for the ship are available on this page, and any further suggestions or aid can be answered by myself, if you see fit.
    ((If you're interested in the .shipworld, just PM me. I did not really intend this ship for OOC use, so I'm not expecting anyone to ask for it, but with all the people roleplaying being stuck, I thought it would make more sense to have the IC resources for a legitimate rescue, instead of everyone in the universe showing up and pointing guns at each other over who gets to make the rescue.))

With My Best Regards,

Eitan Levy

2. Wreth

Wreth New Member

How do you get money and resources to do all this?

Jack-Ripley

3. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

I believe he is distributing the blueprints, not actual, fully built ships.

4. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

That is correct. However, I did have enough stockpiled from almost a decade of doing this to create this ship. I have worked plenty on ship systems, and that takes few resources. However, they are high-quality, dangerous, and expensive resources. On the bright side I usually have more than enough access to them. At the moment, from the last project, I am currently out of the bulk materials for a ship's hull, although I have enough for ships systems and the like. If you like the ship, I am distributing blueprints to other organizations who could use this.