1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

A Captain's Missive

Discussion in 'Archives' started by OcularOccultist, Jun 29, 2015.

1. OcularOccultist

OcularOccultist New Member

"Hail to thee, my fellow travelers of the Grand Expanse. Relinquish to me but a moment of your time, and I grant you my word you shall not regret it! My name, with titles in tow, is Over-Kaptain Nikkos Scarellei of the enterprising vessel, Scholar's Lament. Having recently departed from the Void-Docks of Asteros VI, and under contract from Marterion Salvage Corp. I have arrived in Antares to fulfill mine scrapping related duties, gather a crew, and profit; not necessarily in that order. It is to this end that I shall unleash my clarion call upon you all. All those seek adventure, free enterprising careers aboard a tight nit crew, and the ability to earn wages relative to your abilities may find a place aboard my vessel! At this time I still require a first mate, a cook, a deck-hand or three, and an armsman! Positions shall be removed from this call as they are filled, and all who believe they fit the requirements are free to contact or leave a response in hopes of scheduling an interview! I look forward to meeting you all, and making pixel upon pixel by your side!"

*Valid identification cards or holo-ID to be presented upon first meeting*
    -Over-Kaptain Nikkos

2. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Why is the ship named "Scholar's Lament"?

Is it a monstrous constuction, which would made scholars who are apt at ship building lament?
    Or was it stolen or won from a scholar, therefor becoming an object of lament for said scholar?

-Oak

3. OcularOccultist

"Hah! Fret not my curious aquintance, for the title of mine vessel is born not of such a scandalous nature. Nay, tis merely a bit of mine own hubris leaking forth. You see, I am quite the avid reader, and I have on more than one occasion boasted of mine vast array of literary works and how their beauty would drive any scholar to tears in jealousy. Thus, the Scholar's Lament was christened so!"

-Over-Kaptain Nikkos

#3 OcularOccultist, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
  4. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

I see.

-Oak

5. The Bandicoot

The Bandicoot New Member

I'd be interested in applying for the armsman position. Any information you'd like before setting up an interview?

~Bandi "Bandicoot" Cotter

6. OcularOccultist

"Nay, through a screen is no way to take a man's measure. I simply need you to bring an identification card or holo-ID, tell me when you'd be available, and bring a bit o' fire in your innards to the interview. I shalI endeavor to uncover what else I may need when first we do meet."

-Over-Kaptain Nikkos

7. The Bandicoot

The Bandicoot New Member

I'd be available some time this evening although I seemed to have misplaced my holo-ID if I ever had one....... will that preclude me from an interview?

~ Bandi "Bandicoot" Cotter

8. OcularOccultist

"Allow me, if you will, to be forthright with you for a brief minute of your time. Yes, this shall act as a strike against you when compared to those who are interviewing for the same position. No, I shall not bar you from attempting to convince me of your worth, as I believe all men and women can succeed if given the means and opportunities to do so. This is yours mine friend, you are behind the Zynar-Ball, to use a phrase, and you must bring your best game to the interview if you truly desire this position. Best of luck to you."

-Over-Kaptain Nikkos

9. Froot

Froot OH SO VERY NICE

Is this one going to crash on an uncharted planet with wolves and crap on it?
    We'll go if it's guaranteed to be safe. The last ship we worked on, it...
    Well, it didn't work so well.
    But if the pay's good and it has beer, we'd offer services as security or maintenance.
    - Lyro & Chains

10. OcularOccultist

"Yes? Yes! Well, my young, enterprising companion. I shall intervene just a moment so as to redirect thine fiery passions toward a somewhat more... Realistic target? I shall gladly conduct your interview at the soonest available time. Your interview, that is, for the deckhand position. I'm afraid that any armsman related positions arent quite suited for one of your stature."

-Over-Kaptain Nikkos

11. Froot

Froot OH SO VERY NICE

Great, thanks mister. We'll give it our best.
    - Lyro & Chains

12. Mitzi the Floran

Mitzi the Floran Sufferer of Prawnsequences

"I could likely fulfill the position as either First Mate, Armsman, or Cook if you like steak. (If you don't like Steak, I wouldn't consider this as a possible position.) I have a background in Military Science, with an identification card belonging to the branch with which I consulted. I have a bit of non-cosmetic android work done, which I can talk about more during the interview, and I can meet you whenever you prefer at a secure location of your choice."

-Fidchell