1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Penguin Colony?

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by BenWx, Feb 16, 2015.

1. BenWx

BenWx New Member

Seeing as penguin characters can be playable via Starcheat, (Not sure if another way is possible, but then again, penguin-centric mods would have to be accepted for that) would anyone want to exploit this capability of the game? I haven't put much planning into this, since it is only an idea, but nevertheless, I would be willing to put effort into making our short waddly friends their own place in the galaxy. If enough people are interested, I'd love to take helpers or something to help make this a reality. We will be the most feared collection of flightless birds in the galaxy, more than dreadwing himself!

2. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Penguins require case-by-case approval by the staff. If you are seeking to play penguins, please petition the staff with specific details about the character you are seeking to play. Do so by creating a conversation with all Global Moderators and Admins included.

3. Conrad Fiat

Conrad Fiat New Member

Wait.. applying for being a penguin? *Snickers.*

4. Reconus

Reconus Moderator
    Staff Member

Just as I mention a Penguin "waagh". If you can somehow go forward with this, I would be happy to assist in construction. I do remember I built a Penguin Outpost once. I'm certain I can replicate the design, despite having absolutely no references what-so-ever.

As stated above, the idea is very viable... Only that its also tedious as every member of it requires to go up to the mods to make a character and by god that will be fun.
    EDIT: Unless we gather everyone first for this, THEN convo the mods to save time and..space?. Not sure how the system works though so yeah.

5. BenWx

BenWx New Member

Well maybe we should all come up with characters, then all go to the mods at one time? That would be simpler, since we could just give our characters up for approval in one group. But then that would mean deadlines for us all to get them in by... This is turning out to be more complicated than I thought!:p

6. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Hm there is a plan for a colony made up of all the various ''pirate'' factions that exist in Starbound lore. Penguin pirates, the avian sky-pirates ((Which are actually grounded avians that steal stuff from the religious avians)), floran gatherers, novakid bandits, etc

7. Reconus

Reconus Moderator
    Staff Member

Just grab everyone whos interested, get a conversation with the mods and then invite all the people who were interested. They can then post the character stuff forward in their own time.
    I'm more scared of the idea of Character Applications than getting everyone on a deadline. Its like an interview. Only worse.

8. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

I would definitely contribute to this.
    I already have building ideas, as I was planning a small event, but I decided most people might not like it. PENGUIN COLONY! LES DO!

9. BenWx

BenWx New Member

Well I didn't intend for it purely to be pirate based, so... After all, the lore for penguins didn't constrict them to just being pirates.

Do you want to just take this to the mods with the three or four of us that have already shown interest?

10. Wreth

Wreth New Member

http://starbounder.org/The_Children_of_Kluex

11. BenWx

BenWx New Member