1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

New Faction Idea

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Zhaag, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Zhaag

Zhaag New Member

I have been thinking of making a Merchant Guild for my character Teek and anyone else that is interested. A way for traders to unite, work together, protect one another whether from pirates or others that would seek to do them harm. I havn't really any other ideas or what value or purpose this could serve besides just the idea being nifty. I see too often as well shops and buildings being vandalized or out right burned to the ground in RP events and thought this could tie into such things. Merchants uniting. Looking for any thoughts, constructive criticism and input on such a faction. I don't really see it having a colony home. Merely meeting on our ships at random locations or even taking over a bar or civic center at a colony for an evening when the Guild meets.

2. Tacoburger

Tacoburger professional taco burger

how about an intergalactic trade federation that governs all inter-space trade and mandates laws to prevent malpractice in businesses
    maybe the FTC in space

3. Zhaag

Zhaag New Member

Was thinking something less political and smaller scale than a Trade Federation. Simply a guild for merchants to work together, help eachother against pirates and vandals, and protect one another's assets and interests. While a Trade Federation would be great, I want nothing to do with it as it will quickly get too involved in colonial affairs and will be an easy target.