1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Sending out a warning.

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Slyff, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Slyff

Slyff New Member

Hey folk, some of you know, others don't. Just sending out a warning about offering strangers fuel. Went to do so the other day to 'stranded' man, beamed planet side with my revolver ready, just to be careful on my end. Yeah the guy was ready to pop a bullet to me too. Wore an alpaca mask with a dark long / trench coat. He's down on his luck like the lot of us, and didn't seem to keen on putting a round into anyone, just after their stuff. Underhanded but not unheard of. So just watch your selves out there folk.
    posted by:[email protected].

2. Tallen

Tallen New Member

The last time I tried to give a stranger fuel I beamed down to find myself face-to-face with him in a Floran hideout. Needless to say I dropped the fuel right there and dashed away to beam back up to my ship.
    -Glauen

3. OptionalFingers

OptionalFingers New Member

You know, there is such a thing as scanning the grounds your beaming on for life forms. I'm pretty sure every basic ship with an advanced teleporting system has that stuff. I mean, I usually use it to see if I'm not landing in the middle of hostile animals, but I'm pretty sure it also works to see if there's a bunch of florans waiting for you.
    ~ Zoya Capuchin

4. Slyff

Slyff New Member

5. OptionalFingers

More like "don't give a damn about the lisp and just scan the bloody landing ground before beaming down". Go bother the Miniknog with your racism. Trust me, you'll fit in very well.
    ~ Zoya Capuchin

6. Slyff

Slyff New Member

Sure, 'cause the fact I've had a few to many trying to get an unwelcome bite on me. Take it you ain't ever heard of "Assuming makes an ass of you and me." Then, shame. Have a good day, night, dawn, or even dusk. Or all at once dependin' the system your in.
    [email protected]

7. OptionalFingers

But you just assumed all florans weren't to be... Forget it. You're too naive to see how your words don't make sense.
    ~ Zoya Capuchin

8. Slyff

Slyff New Member

Notice I was making a point of "Floran aren't trusted" and not "Don't trust them." Its the little wording that changes the meaning friend. Truthfully, do YOU trust a Floran that you've never met before? Let alone anyone for that matter? Floran got the downside of most their folk trying to eat and or hunt everyone. So even the most civil of their lot are untrusted.
    [email protected]

9. OptionalFingers

I've often said this, and I will say it again. I personally treat florans like I would treat any carnivorous creature at the top of a food chain. To put it simply, it comes down to a few things: don't approach them when they look hostile, don't invade their territory, keep security (like a gun or a hired hand) near you in case a hostile one attacks you, and let the non-hostile ones approach you.
    I've been doing this for at least three years, and never have I been killed or terribly wounded by a floran. Perhaps you could try and do the same.

~ Zoya Capuchin

10. MrGodZilla

MrGodZilla Not A Shitposter

Meh, I offered some stranger on the Global Radio some fuel after he said he was stranded and didn't know where to go.
    He gave me the beam codes to his ship and I got there to see him sitting at a table like some kind of Gangster deal was going or something.
    Well, I gave him some Fuel, he was dirt poor, so I made a deal with him and now he's probably at that Resolute place, because that's where I told him a quiet ghost-town was. Practically.
    [Sent by [email protected]]