1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Bickering

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Reidicus, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Reidicus

Reidicus New Member

Hey ya'll,

I may just be a plasma bum from some unknown corner of the galaxy, but the way I see it, the reason this here Antares sector is known for it's violence and conflict is the fact that so many stereotypes have arisen, and so many prejudices have formed, that folks here just can't see past em'. Any Floran is a cannibal, any human is a xenophobe, and we Novakids are just "interstellar gas bags" who don't know a darn thing. But we're all more than that, ya'll are more than that.. Nobody wants to be judged as their species as a whole is judged. They want to forge their own reputation, they want to create their own persona, not have one assigned to them just cause they look similar to some other ne'er do well.

It's time the Frontier became more unified, more understanding, and more gosh darn polite! I came here for adventure, but apparently, in this sector, all adventure really entails is mindless bickering among other races. Ya'll have brains. Some of ya'll have quite impressive brains. So use em'! Stop the fighting, and start confronting the real problems in Antares. Let's worry less about race, and more about the person.
    -Eltaes Walker

2. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

You seek adventure among the insipid. Seek for other adventurers, don't look for excitement among politicians.

As long as there are races with different ideals, there will be dilemmas among races. Stereotypes are not easily destroyed, and in many cases they apply, especially when dealing with a large amount of people. I'm sure there are plenty of decent floran individuals, but when one considers the billions, possibly trillions of floran in the galaxy, one is forced to find the average of the group, aka, the stereotype.

Actions speak louder than words. If you want to change something, do something. So go out and adventure! Adventurers aren't found sitting in cities being boring, they are found out and about, adventuring of course. So go, take advantage of your youth, and adventure!

-GrumpyToad42

3. QuestionableMotives

QuestionableMotives Not To Be Trusted

Smart people =/= smart ideas and opinions
    Plus I mean even a single species has trouble cooperating with itself I mean grounded and flightless can't get together, miniknog vs rebels, practically any human ever picks a fight with any other human, floral tribal wars, hylotl... arguments I guess I've never actually seen a hylotl physically fight and idk if novakids count on this list they forget about what they're mad at half the time

So if one species can't get it together with its own issues it'll b impossible with other species you know

-NebulaAllen

4. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

You are.

You don't.

I don't even know why I'm bothering to reply to this, you'll just get bored of playing politician in the next five minutes and go do something else. -Skarti

5. OptionalFingers

OptionalFingers New Member

If it weren't for the fact that I have some planets here that are dear to me, I'd immediately ask you to take me to a sector that wasn't filled with so many naive idiots, Eltaes Walker. I agree entirely with your words, but I'm afraid they're just going to fall into deaf ears in this sector.
    ~ Zoya Capuchin

6. Zhaag

Zhaag New Member

You speak beautiful words of wisdom and ideology Mr. Walker but I'm afraid as Zoya has said they shall fall on death ears. I keep my marketplace onboard my ship rather than permanently on the ground for a reason. The violence and racial tension around Liberty Mills and regarding the Holy Fleet left noone untouched in the galaxy during those tumultuous times. I docked one morning and walked to my shop to find it burned to the ground with hate sprawled across the walls. A Floran friend helped me shuffle through the debris and pack my ship but it never brought back my shop from the ashes. You can live this life when an open mind but guard your heart and your soul. There will always be those that wish to do others harm.

- Teek, Avian Freighter Pilot and Merchant

7. Reidicus

Reidicus New Member

My my. I never aimed to be some politician. I'm here to find some others that agree with my ideology, flawed and naive as it may be. I have my ideas, and you have yours, that's how I see it. And them others that insult me, well, I know where they stand on this subject. But for those who at least agree with my views, I'd be mighty welcome to band together.

Myself and the Spaghetti Western are in deep space, but we'd be happy if any others would like to join us. I've set up shop on my ship as well, Mr.Teek, but I hope one day I can retain a shop on a colony without the threat of any sorts of 'retaliation'.

-Eltaes Walker, Captain of the merchant ship Spaghetti Western

8. Zhaag

Zhaag New Member

By chance would you be interested in a merchant pact of sorts between us? I'm going through serious mechanical renovations on my freighter trying to fine tune it and am unable to to sell wares like before for awhile. Marauders hit me a few weeks ago and it's been difficult to recover from. Private message me to speak further. I look forward to the transmission.

- Teek, Avian Freighter Pilot and Merchant

9. Reidicus

Reidicus New Member

Sir, I may just be plasma from some backwater sector, but I'd be honored to forge such a pact. Trade is the most important aspect in this here sector, so we gotta protect our own! I'll find an encrypted channel to contact you on. Gotta run! SAIL's startin' to act up, may be some marauders round' these parts.

-Eltaes Walker, Captain of the merchant ship Spaghetti Western

10. Kirby teh Pink

Really?
    I'm not going through this again. If my brief service in the Second Fleet taught me anything, it's that some people only believe what they want to believe, despite empirical evidence stating otherwise. You appear to be one of these such people. -Skarti

11. Zhaag

Zhaag New Member

I never stated anything negative against the Fleet Skarti. Infact it was Floran rebels that torched my shop on Libery Mills. My statement that those troublesome times affected us all in the galaxy holds true regardless of who you stood for. War touches all.

-Teek

12. Kirby teh Pink

Floran rebels? What floran rebels?
    Also, which shop was this, what did it sell? -Skarti

13. John_McFakename

John_McFakename New Member

Response. I'll practice my Laconic phrases here, as this topic has been talked to death too many times...

Blunt. People don't mind their own business.
    Blunt. Meddling causes conflict.
    Blunt. Definition of peace: Do not war.

- Ser John of Taranis' Ruins

14. Fiery Wither Rose

Fiery Wither Rose TheOneMute

*Unloads from a videotape*

15. Reidicus

Reidicus New Member

(( This post was meant to be deliberately inflammatory but I didn't imagine the response to be this.. epic... ))

16. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

((pfft this is nothing. The fact that it hasnt declined into an OOC insultpalooza is testament enough.))

17. Darkwhip

Darkwhip That Russian-Canadian-Nazi

*Logged in as SweetKrystal*

False, Grounded has decided to not follow Kluex, well it's their decision. Us Flightless we follow Kluex . It doesn't mean we can't go along and be friends. Especially because they are still the creation of the sunborns, just like us.. For exemple, I heard that some humans has gods and in the other hand some didn't believe them. Still it didn't stop them to be friendly or to cooperate.

#17 Darkwhip, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
  18. QuestionableMotives

QuestionableMotives Not To Be Trusted

Uh sorry, do you even know anything about avians
    theres a huge ass conflict between flightless and grounded
    its actually not very common to see a grounded and flightless being friends
    even the peaceful type tend to avoid eachother
    -NebulaAllen

19. Darkwhip

Darkwhip That Russian-Canadian-Nazi

*Logged in as SweetKrystal*

Are you blind ? I just said I was a Flightless. We are wanting to spread Kluex's words to the other races and the light of Kluex across the stars. This actually explains why we sacrifice Hylotl and Humans and Grounded from time to time. Sacrificed ones become redeemed in the eyes of Kluex, their sacred blood will then bless Avos and the Flightless.

So yes, Groundeds and Flightless are friendly in general.

#19 Darkwhip, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
  20. The Grand Mugwump

-Flornbest8932-

Floran root be cannibal.