1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Antares, Moving Forward

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Antares isn't just a sector, it's a brand name

2. Doc

Doc Video Game Extraordinaire

Actually, Chucklefish are working on a tool to convert old player files to the new version, so the character wipe can be considered only temporary for the time being.

3. NotSoLoneWolf

NotSoLoneWolf New Member

As for me, I am just going with the StarQuake explanation again :p

4. GenericUsername

GenericUsername New Member

I've only been here for awhile, so tell me if I'm stepping over the line, but from what I've heard it sounds like most of the really good ideas for RP are shot down by administrators. Like, for example, I heard a rumor somebody wanted to make a kind of digital reality as an IC past-time (like a holoduke thing). I mean, obviously there are some issues with that idea in particular, but it makes me hesitant to really try anything that isn't uber realistic and serious.

5. The Big Bad Wolf

Alright cool. So rather the mulling this over like the community normally does never reaching a verdict. (Been a nearly a full year of this)

Lets draw the line in the sand.

Step One: Make a new thread

Step Two: Add a poll with 3 options as there really is only 3.

Step Three: Describe in full detail at least a paragraph full for what Mild, Moderate, or Heavy RP should be like. (Try and be unbiased when writing this. Each option should show pros.

Step Four:Let the community vote in said poll for the course of a week or two time period(giving people a fair chance to get at the poll to cast there vote)

Step Five: Kaz on the front page writes a disclaimer for newcomers and old that provides a brief description on the most popular route.

Step Six: Case closed. A majority vote decides the result of the server and those who don't like it either leave or conform.

Step Seven: Kaz and the moderators come up with some additional rules/guidelines to support our new decided direction.

If no one wants to make the thread I will eventually. But not right now. Im semi-preoccupied.

6. Optimism

Optimism Guest

Nay.