1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

[1/30/15] Rules Update

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Rezima

Rezima New Member

They are permitted so long as you can use them fairly and maturely, same thing with any IC resources, if you can't use them fairly and choose to instead abuse them, don't be surprised when we take away your magic privileges.

But they are fairly balanced, as it stands. They are slow, usually require the user to be in weaker armor, and are typically on par or close to other weapons in power. So long as players keep those things in mind and don't go overboard there should be any problems with them,

2. Sammy McHammyDoodle

Sammy McHammyDoodle New Member

We never actually used to hold the 'power' or 'energy' of a person's armour in effect for other things like guns or tools before.
    Are we immediately using how they work with the game's mechanics as a rule for how they work IC?

3. Theopholis

Theopholis New Member

Advanced Sub-Space Distortion Generation Rods.

4. Rezima

Rezima New Member

Not literally, I'd say more as a generalization. Say for example, melee weapons and staves would probably require more dexterity and freedom of movement than a gun would, so you would likely be wearing lighter armour if you wanted to use them effectively. This is not a rule mind you, it's just an idea to help keep them balanced

5. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

I don't know about you, but I certainly don't want to walk into a conflict with the giant, expensive, unconsealable staff of bullseye on my face. I mentioned earlier in one of these many new discussion treads, feel free to come up with how the item works. Most of the staves don't actually do things you can't explain through other roleplay routes. If you can't make a sensical way they work or why you have one, chances are you should likely not use it.

6. Rezima

Rezima New Member

That is the other issue, staves would be rare, few people would reasonably have one. And while fun, guns would likely be more effective and less conspicuous. Up to the players to decide on what they want to use though, just remember to do everything in moderation