1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Server Retcon

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Gorbachev, Jan 29, 2015.

?

Should 'restart' the server?

1. Yes. Do it.

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. No, I want to keep the old Antares.

9 vote(s)
    36.0%
  3. I don't care.

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  1. Gorbachev

Gorbachev New Member

With the new update comes a fresh start. That's why I am proposing a server-wide 'refresh' of sorts. I'm proposing that everything goes. Factions, StarNet General, everything except for characters. And most characters won't know of each other, but I dunno, that's up to you if they do or not. I just feel like something like this would be nice to have, and would give us a fresh start. This probably won't happen, but hey, why not.

2. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

Personally, I'm all for a fresh start. Makes much more sense than every colony in the universe suddenly befalling some catastrophic event.

3. Eight

Eight New Member

Being forced to erase all the things I've done on my character? No thanks lol. I didn't develop him for 2 1/2 months to get it ended by an update. Just provide an alternative explanation to planets being rolled back.

4. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

It should be handled the same way every other wipe has been handled. On a by colony/faction/character basis. If you want to start fresh, roll a. New character. If people don't want to they can go one of two routes. They can rebuild and rp as if nothing has changed ic or they can create an excuse why their stuff is gone. It doesn't have to be hard nor does it need to force anyone into something they don't want to do.

#4 Twitch, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2015
  5. Eight

Eight New Member

Agreed. The same situation came up on Unbound Travels around the same time last year and it was the same argument. There are tons of people that don't want to lose their character, but if you feel like it, go ahead. Please don't try and force it on players.

6. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Unfortunately, whether or not you are in support of this, it's a little late. This is the kind of thing that should be decided before an update is rolled out.

Personally, I'd rather things go on. As it stands, there aren't really any major factions in power. There are no particularly powerful colonies, besides one that was dying out IC. Ultimately, this is a rather fresh start, if not a total reset. And you are always, always free to cut your strings and boot up new characters.