1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Payday 2 "INSPIRED" Robber Group

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Not A President, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

I was thinking about maybe making a group, consisting of at most five people give or take. Basically, wearing suits or everyday clothing to conceal armor. Walk into a populated/popular area where one would easily find money or loot in, and start rekting shit. So, they enter an area. They pull on masks and unholster their guns. They wreak havoc on the place. They find a safe/cash register with money. They GTFO.
    After doing such, divvying up the money, staying low. Basically, I'm just making a small robber group that actually thinks up a fool-proof plan. A person to make the plan and tell the rest of the group to go with it. On the dark reaches of Starnet would one find the 'homepage' or equivalent of 'crime.net' where the person assigning these jobs would be able to actually... get the jobs.

Then again, everywhere on Starnet is dark.

So would this be a good approach? Would anybody be willing to fix around the edges with this? Would anybody like to actually help out with the group? I'm thinking maybe have the characters some sort of backstory as friends from long ago. Or, yknow, just having them meet up under the guy assigning the jobs.

im tirud if grammr is bad don' t hurt me ;~;

2. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

If executed properly from the inside, you will still fail. That is to say: You guys could do everything right. Plan IC, scope places out, prepare properly, and things would still go wrong. Why? Because the sector isn't populated by logical people. You wouldn't have the opportunity to take hostages because with the consent rules, no one would fear you. And those who did give consent would go down shooting before they let themselves get taken.

Ultimately, it's not a bad idea in general, just not one that's likely to work out. Remember the New Chicago Bank Heist? If not, it went poorly. With people pulling entire fleets of warships from thin air to quarantine the planet, etc. It was not the server's sharpest day.

3. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

The moment you started shit, people would just happen over there and pull out the automatic rifles they have on their person and shoot you dead. That's if the armed bartender or whoever you're robbing didn't pull a shotgun on you first, and if four out of every five hostages you could take wasn't a grizzled mercenary with no sense of fear.

You have to consider it from the point-of-view of the people playing their characters: To them, their character is the protagonist of the story. So if something is going down somewhere, they feel obligated to go and stop the baddies. Similarly, every single hostage is going to be trying to escape or be a hero because to them, they are the hero. I've caught myself in this mindset more times than I can keep track of. Combine this with the fact that it just sucks to be sitting in an empty building while some really exciting RP is going on somewhere else, and you ARE going to get people showing up from all places to stop the most insignificant of crimes.

Also, I've said it on every single thread about a chaotic-evil group that's come up, but we don't need more chaotic-evil groups. Really. They're fun, yes, but they lose some of their luster if you're robbing your bank or bar or whatever on a planet that's had two suicide bombings, a gunfight and a mutilated body dumped on it in the last week.

4. Tacoburger

Tacoburger professional taco burger

can't do this sort of thing on a server filled with hardcore elite super veterans wearing impervium armor designed to have maximum edge factor
    picture relevant
    [​IMG]
    you see ivan ivanovich, when you carry as many gun as me, you never run out of bullet

5. Not A President

Dynyl carries twice the rifles he holds.
    Thank you both for the feedback. Being a frontier, I really don't expect the group to last long. At most one event, to be honest. If lucky, maybe two. I'm trying to think of ways this could work around the edges. Then again, this is Antares. It would be an average group, like any other group of people.

6. Tacoburger

Tacoburger professional taco burger

make a group that goes into a planet and starts roleplaying as the workers, farmers, store owners, you know, passive rping
    it is innovative and never before seen

7. Not A President

This is true.

8. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

Go play Payday 2 if you want Payday 2.

9. Jnick22

Jnick22 New Member

But we want RP. We don't play Payday 2 to RP.

10. Wreth

Wreth New Member

It can work. One of my characters had their restaurant robbed once and the criminals got away just fine. Me and my employees and the customers were armed, but we were outnumbered, and the criminals came in too fast with their guns already out. If anyone had tried to do anything we all would have gotten shot. So we had no choice but to just let it happen.

11. Finestein Goodlad

[​IMG]

Bank robbery was a thing before Payday, anyways. Infact, Payload was inspired by a movie which was, ofcourse, way before the game. Reason why it was an inspiration, right? Besides. None of the current colonies have banks and this whole Payday rip happened on late New Chicago.

12. Not A President

Noone said it had to be a bank. It doesn't have to be ripped straight from Payday 2. Banks aren't the only things being robbed.
    "Payday 2"-like Group.

13. Finestein Goodlad

Jesus Christ. I'm a retard. I typed it as Payload two times for some reason.

Anywho. Why call it "Payday 2"-like Group, then? You're just planning to make a criminal faction and rob people like any other criminal faction does.

Stop playing video games.

14. Jnick22

Jnick22 New Member

"Inspiration"

15. Not A President

i ejucate in jackass skool
    1v1 me skrb

Call it what you will, though. It's not like the group goes mugging people in dark alleyways, that's nothing like--
    I giv up k by

16. Finestein Goodlad

More like retardation. You were inspired by bunch of guys robbing banks and you don't want to rob banks anyways. Thieves, robbers and criminals aren't a new concept that was suddenly revealed by Payday. There were plenty of criminal gangs on Starbound RP and I believe there still might be some.
    No you don't.

17. Not A President

The thing is, one of the reasons I dubbed the title "Payday 2"-like is because it's an organized group, with a good plan, to make sure they get away with it and all. Also concealing their faces with odd masks and wearing business casual tuxedos.
    Also, if you're here to criticize the title and not give constructive criticism about the group, then simply don't post. Please.

18. Finestein Goodlad

Robbing people is an evil plan, tho.
    Payday didn't introduce robbers wearing masks and tuxedos either. I did criticize the group. Pay attention.
    No.

19. Jnick22

Jnick22 New Member

So, your only problem is the fact this was inspired by Payday and not an older piece of literature or media?
    Oh.

20. Finestein Goodlad

You've missed the point. Good job.