1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Antares 1-year anniversary!

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Alek

Alek Guy Who No One Knows

Happy Birfday, Antares!
    Also, a modified lore would be interesting and I would support it.

2. TaintedMythos

TaintedMythos New Member

I think the server does have lore already: the places and people of the past. But if you want to make lore about why people are on the frontier of the universe, fine by me. Hopefully Novakids come out soon so they can be properly integrated into the lore.

3. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

Eh, I don't see how the current server lore extends beyond "Remember when faction XYZ was a thing?" Even the longest running faction (the RA) is dead now, and has little more to show than a floran-overrun planet no one visits.

4. The Big Bad Wolf

I think character lore should stay the same, florans are strong as hell cool, whatever(P.S. I don't typically play florans, not a fan) they regen cool, glitches can repair themselves, and change body parts, cool whatever.

Tampering with character lore is problematic, changing it to suit our needs. Accepting and leaving it as is i feel would be best. As for the story lore thats a lil different. We can be creative, we can add to the story, develop our own spin off the current lore. The spin off could be wild, but the original starbound lore should still remain intact.

(My opinion)

5. Xeni

Xeni New Member

As Kazyyk said, we'd be preserving the Starbound canon entirely, just give Antares its own unrelated lore based off location.

6. The Grand Mugwump

You're not happy with calling your server the Antares Frontier anymore?

Also happy anniversary!

#46 The Grand Mugwump, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014
  7. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Actually, I like the frontier setting, it just isn't very frontier-y currently.

8. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I wouldn't say entirely. May make adjustments for balance purposes.

9. TaintedMythos

TaintedMythos New Member

What specifically makes it not "frontier-y" to you? The fact that there are/were cities, or what?

10. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

Antares has had a lot of development. Tons of players moving through, factions birthed and destroyed left or right. It's been a wild trip in the roleplay, and hopefully this coming year will be good for it.

Setting lore seems like a good idea. Players of all kinds have tried to put their own spins, introduce their own planets, colonies, and playstyles. What I think would be cool, with all aspects of Antares considered, is to have possibly server set up location that reflects Antares, like a small space station or planet base, and then everything else works with it. Like a central hub for people travelling to Antares to get to the area and other colonies. Whatever or however this came to be of course would be a good point for discussion. I wonder what the game plan will be for the setting!

11. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

http://community.playstarboundrp.com/threads/upcoming-update-antares-outpost.7710/

You might want to take a peek at this if you haven't.

12. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Whoa, I didn't realize I joined like a month after this was birtheded. Happy belated birthday, Antares!

In terms of lore, I don't really mind either way; I'll enjoy it here whichever way we go, and knowing the players and leadership here, we'll be headed toward something good.

13. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

14. ASinisterIon

ASinisterIon New Member

I'm totally down for having some expanded lore in the Antares sector. Building off the official stuff could be fun

15. Fen

Fen Pretty ßird

Happy birthday

16. Doc

Doc Video Game Extraordinaire

I'm all for server lore, just as long as we don't go wiping out any history of the server.