1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Seeking Tailor to sew replacement Scarf

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Mitzi the Floran, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Mitzi the Floran

Mitzi the Floran Sufferer of Prawnsequences

Kasanagi Aeronautics Ship Analysis System
    Model CPS-1004XX-90112

Kasanagi Aeronautics Corporation © Year 2525
    All Rights reserved

REAL MEMORY = 16384 TB;
    AVAILABLE MEMORY = 32768 TB;

Primary Data Cache : 512 MB
    Secondary Data Cache : 1024 MB
    Tertiary Data Cache : 2056 MB

Login: [email protected]
    Auth: ******* - *****

Contacting DNS relay www.starnet.com
    Exchanging information with IP Address 0:0:0:0:0:ffff:43c3:a04c

Logging into Starnet General Information Channel
    using IP Address ***.***.***.***

-------------------
    Hello Starnet General. How is everyone doing this evening?
    My name is Mitzi and I'm looking for a Tailor to sew me a replacement scarf.

My prior garment was lost in an unfortunate ship related incident and I feel uncomfortable without a garment resting around my neck. I suppose now I'm reaping what I've sewn. So I'm seeking peace of mind and looking for a similarly tailored garment to put my mind at ease.

A picture of the garment in question is listed on the small photograph below:
    [​IMG]
    Payment can be discussed using private channels or via this line of communication. Am looking forward to finding someone who can fulfill my needs in this tying time. Without my favorite garment I'm in stitches. I would sew myself a scarf, but it just isn't in my jeans.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated, as my residence is very cold.

Thanks for the time,
    ~Mitzi

2. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

((pls put in Market/Trade next time!))

3. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

I'm Ryarisu of Ryarisu Clothing, a company that creates and distributes clothing. I'd be very happy to come over and knit the scarf up. But for personal reasons, would you be fine doing such in a private channel? Thanks.

-Ryarisu

EDIT; Goddamn autocorrect. I meant public area, not private channel. Apologies.

#3 Not A President, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2014
  4. DavidHeinrich

DavidHeinrich Space Corps Judge

How did...how did you write that? And how do you have the cognizant ability to make puns?

-Vic

5. Optimism

Optimism Guest

Turavis
    Well, why shouldn't they be able to? The writer was not a Floran, after all. I assume that if the model in the picture is indeed the owner of the scarf they must have bribed or threatened a human or other species member to write the message for them. Florans are far too savage and blunt about points to write something like this.

6. WrongEndoftheRainbow

WrongEndoftheRainbow Leprechaun Not Found

Is no one concerned that the copyright for Kasanagi Aeronautics Corporation is lodged 111 years in the future?

UID; Nihili
    [email protected]

7. Mitzi the Floran

Ah! Yes. Thank you very much for your prompt response!
    I would be happy to conduct business in a public place of your choosing. Did you have one in mind?

I must admit looking for someone has attired me out quite a bit, but now that I've successfully found someone I'd consider my case clothed. Just send me the information for where you would like me to meet you and I will be there shortly.

8. DavidHeinrich

Well, it presumably is a Floran, since if they could pull the scarf up in a picture they find somewhere on Starnet, they could just buy it there. But yes, it'd be impossible for a Floran to type this well, make this many puns, or probably even want a scarf, really; I don't know about them threatening someone else to do it. It seems way more logical for the person to just ask for help. It may be an elaborate trick set up to eat whomever shows up to supply the scarf, though; as for the copyright, that only further cements this being something fake, made by a Floran forcing someone to write it against their will and looking to eat a human being.

Makes much more sense than a Floran actually writing something like this up.

-Vic

9. Mitzi the Floran

Is everyone so well written when it comes to demeaning members of another race, Vic?

Did you grow up in a place where societal norms were conforming to peer pressures and social situations, pondering how to get out of finishing up your math tests, running laps in your gym class? If so that would explain your sheltered upbringing, your thoughts concerning members of races other than your own, and closed-mindedness concerning overcoming adversity.

Contrary to popular belief no two Humans are the same, and by the same association, no two Floran are the same as well. While there are traits that are shared across the Floran Race, such as being carnivorous, requiring both CO2 and O2 based atmospheres, the ability to photosynthesize a portion of our diets. Intellect is not one of those shared traits.

In the human race I've read that humans attend schooling during the majority of their primary years, and during those years smarter students were picked on by larger more well built members of the peerage. Is this not the reason why so few in the human race are intellectuals? Because they are bullied by peers who tell them that being intellectually sound is incorrect judgment?

This is the Gordion Knot of the Human educational system that persecuted intelligence, the same one that in the Dark Ages would have labeled a female being smarter than a male the result of Witchcraft or Spirits and led to summary execution. I assume this is the same mentality which your current state branches from.

10. Optimism

Optimism Guest

Turavis
    This is definitely not a Floran. If it is, Kluex disgrace me for the week.

11. DavidHeinrich

Uh. No, I didn't do that; I didn't go to school, and I grew up on Mars. What a weird assumption to make. Also, no, the stuff I stated about Florans was all fact about their physiology. Contrary to your belief, while 'no two humans are the same'(Untrue, on a biological and genetic level; two humans can be the same with low enough standard deviation that they are, in effect, the same.)they share inherent traits, and a range of intellect is one of them; Florans are not able to communicate well, through typing.

The reason so few members of the human race are 'intellectuals'(What a silly term to use)is because, by definition, few people are going to be intellectuals. If IQ ranges were higher, the standards would also be higher. By definition, not everyone can be spectacular. Even a genius Floran, however, would not be as intellectually inclined towards academic pursuits as you claim to be; Florans fail, mostly, in human academic pursuits, for quite a few reasons. You're not a Floran; that's not bias, or racism, it's just...a fact. You cannot be a Floran, unless you somehow happen to be a singular unique example among all Florans that just happens to be different from the entire rest of the race; that's dumb, so it's much more likely you're just not a Floran.

-Vic

12. Reconus

Reconus Moderator
    Staff Member

((that awkward moment when you read it once, find someone mentioning the puns, read it again, and suddenly see the puns. eyes y u no work))

13. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

It probably grew up on Earth. /s
    - Abelschrimen A. Amphenheimer

14. Sen

Sen Guest

THE OBVIOUS ANSWER IS THAT THIS FLORAN IS A TIMELORD TIMETRAVELLER FROM THE FUTURE, LIKE THE OTHER FLORAN TIMELORD TIMETRAVELLERS THAT HAVE GRACED THE SECTOR
    - BOB

15. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

Sorry for my late response. I personally visit around Asani quite often. Send a PM my way and we'll decide where to meet up there, perhaps?
    I like your puns, too. I should use them for one of my advertisements.

-Ryarisu

16. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

These puns are quite amusing. You seem to posses a rather keen mind. Don't mind these indignant boneheads and have a wonderful day.

-Oak