1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

A new Avian group!

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Rezima, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Rezima

Rezima New Member

Alright! As some of you might already be aware, I and a few others are working to make an avian centric group.

The basic idea is to start with a preexisting Avian town in Antares that has kept out of the public eye until now. However, the town is thrust into the spotlight after they are visited by a small envoy from Avos looking to establish trade and a peaceful foothold in Antares.

Possible characters for the group could be...
    -People originally from the village/town
    -Members of the envoy(though this group would be fairly small, comparatively)
    -Traders(preferably avian, but any race works if they can make a case for it)
    Other possible characters we could bring in after we get the town set up could be...
    -Avians already living in Antares that were simply drawn to the town for whatever reason
    -Any character that is fond of avian culture and wishes to visit the town(though we would prefer to avoid having too many of these, at least until the place is better established)

The town itself is located on a forest planet that we have already scouted out and minorly worked on. The theme for the town is primarily sandstone and ornate woodwork where as the district assigned to the envoy will be more advanced and metal/crystal, looking more like a recently set up camp with a ship parked nearby than the much older and more clearly permanent structures of the nearby town.

We have very little built at the moment, mostly just the spawnpoint(which is a swanky gazebo), a bridge(which leads to nowhere) and a small market area, so there is plenty of space and options for what we can add to the town.

A few loose ideas we have at the moment are...
    -Farms
    -Living quarters(a few individual homes as well as a larger group home/apartment)
    -A garden/park area
    -Some sort of social spot like a cafe/inn
    -An obligatory(but small) temple area
    -Possibly a small tower(likely attached to the temple)
    -And any other possibilities we might think of

The name of the colony is currently the same as the system it resides in,
    so for now we welcome you to help us plan the proud town of POLYHYMNIA

2. Rezima

Rezima New Member

Semi-Official Roster!
    Felonious-Envoy Leader!(Chaac)
    Delta/V-Envoy Member!
    WrongEndOfTheRainbow-Envoy Member!

Orenten-Villager Person(?)!
    Rezima-Villager Dude/Priestess Lady!(Saezuri/Razya)
    Atom-Temple Bird Also!(Izel)

Avis-Trader!

Ricardo-Chief Squatter!(Herx)
    Snitch-Something Maybe!
    Optimism-Also Something Maybe!
    King Tickle-Some Guy or Whatever!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Semi-Official Plans!
    At the moment we have the Avian settlement of Polyhymnia, a verdant and warm planet that is slightly volcanic, located in the alpha sector of the Antares Frontier. They have been recently visited by a small group of emissaries from Avos looking to establish a more pronounced presence in Antares, as well as open up small trade routes with the resident groups and factions of Antares.

The general populace of the town is flightless, there is a small temple near the residential district, but nothing extravagant. They are a humble people, not looking to convert anyone, but willing to talk about their faith if someone were to ask. The residents of Polyhymnia are primarily craftsmen and builders, stonemasons and carpenters and the like, though there are some farmers and hunters as well.

The town itself is medium sized, not too small, but not overly huge either, and is full of wide, open air markets and plazas. Structures are mostly carved wood and sandstone, melded together into a traditional Avian style, with some crystal lamps mixed in with the more common torches and braziers.

3. RedBaronFlyer

RedBaronFlyer New Member

I think, at least for right now that is, that there are a few to many towns, which in turn spreads out players and thus makes the towns seem even more empty.

Just my opinion though, not a fact

4. Rezima

Rezima New Member

this is more of a new group than a town though, at least at the moment, we wanted to get something new started, start something with plenty of room for new developments, something fresh

5. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

I have an avian trader who would be great for this little group. He'd want to work independent from the colony, but would gladly base his operation there, as well as pay taxes/royalties.

6. Rezima

Rezima New Member

Excellent, I plan to create a new villager for it, as well as my old priestess for when the need arises

7. Snitch

Snitch New Member

You shall have a BERSERKER in your group!
    Hopefully
    Pls...pls bby....

8. Rezima

Rezima New Member

well, it is not a military group, at all,
    The envoy is meant more as a "We're here to provide diplomatic recognition from Avos" rather than "We're here to blow up all your enemies" kind of thing. they are there to train guards, ensure the town has fortifications from the local wildlife. You know, the kind of things a government does when its citizens colonize somewhere.

so a berserker would be a little out of place, but if you can think of a good IC reason for it, sure

9. Snitch

Snitch New Member

Well then, nevermind! I can't think of anything! Yet for some reason am still excited!

10. Optimism

Optimism Guest

It sounds interesting.

I like it and wouldn't mind participating in whatever way would be helpful.

11. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

You will be outcasting the grounded, yes?

#11 Kirby teh Pink, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
  12. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

I'd like to play a member of the envoy, if possible.

13. Rezima

Rezima New Member

I don't think we will have any grounded to start with, it is a flightless village

14. Snitch

Snitch New Member

I think once people here about this grounded will come, for, some reason, don't really know why, honestly.

15. Rezima

Rezima New Member

Either way, grounded and flightless can coexist if need be, they just tend to avoid each other, for obvious reasons. As far as I know we don't have any plans to be overly religious. They are all of the faith, but none of them would be zealots, if that makes any sense,

16. WrongEndoftheRainbow

WrongEndoftheRainbow Leprechaun Not Found

I wouldn't mind being on the envoy.

17. Rezima

Rezima New Member

Alright, added you to the list! We also need people for the town committee, foregoing the traditional mayoral position in lieu of a more group run town

18. Ricardo

Ricardo ERP Champ 2016

Herx will be the resident bum.

19. Atom

Atom New Member

I have an Avian priestess character that I would like add to this group.
    Izel
    [​IMG]

20. Rezima

Rezima New Member

That headress though
    I can already tell, Razya is going to love Izel