1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Concerns with the RA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skipi, Nov 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

Anyone? All you're doing is bashing. You're not solving any problems, you're just insulting and isolating the players.

You're not /helping/. You're pointing out problems, good, but what are you doing to fix them? Shit all.

Now then, do something productive for once.

2. skipi

skipi New Member

The problem is that there's no evidence whatsoever supporting that you won't "mess up" again. The USAF seem to make the same mistakes of generic military RPers obsessed with winning time and time again.

3. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

I didn't say I don't see the problem. What I'm saying is that this is pointless since neither side is budging. And hey, what makes you think I'm part of the problem?

4. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

Could you not post if you aren't going to read the thread?

We are fixing things. We are pointing out their faults. We are telling them they need to stop and reevaluate their organization and roleplay.
    There is a back and forth going on here - and you trying to derail the thread by calling us a bunch of bullies is disappointing.

So like I said, stop posting.

5. King Tickle

King Tickle I hope it rains in this tunnel.

"This thread was started by Skipi, who many of us can't stand for various reasons."
    ^Was how you opened up your post. Your entire post is ignoring information and asking "Oh show me proof show me proof!" When the entire discussion has been that and you have failed to see it.
    Then you claim you have no bias when you start your post with THAT.

Also, "He opened this topic with snipits of conversation, which is bias."
    How is objective words that were, for a fact, spoken in the past bias?

6. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

The fact that you are not willing to admit you may be causing a problem.

7. Atom

Atom New Member

You literally said nonexistent problem. Trying to avoid the issue is only contributing to the mess. I can only conclude that you are lying to yourself.

8. King Tickle

A clever implication as to the fact that in this person's opinion the RA have not changed. I see no DIRECT insults.
    There's no: "You're a fucking moron and your idea is stupid."
    While the implication is rather harsh, the fact remains is it's just a statement about how the RA hasn't changed.
    Agreed, Harsh, but not insulting directly.

9. King Tickle

"but what are you doing to fix them? Shit all. "
    It's not anyone's responsibility to fix a problem that isn't theirs... seriously that's common logic.
    Someone who takes an action should take responsibility for it, not someone else who points out why the action may have been wrong.

10. Riengo

Riengo New Member

Same people, then? Well, time to come out of lurking and dispel that misconception.

Firstly, let's examine your claim about this being an "attention-grabbing thread to evoke more hate". Frankly, I don't see it. Looking at the OP, skipi brings up problems that are COMPLETELY valid and deserve attention.

A faction that, quite frankly, refuses to lose, is not a faction that will create fun and intriguing RP. A faction that has members that engage in powergaming is not a faction that will create fun and intriguing RP. A faction that pulls resources out of thin air is not a faction that will create fun and intriguing RP. A faction that justifies all of the crap that I just listed with OOC excuses that border on metagaming and ignoring any and all logic and reason is not a faction that will create fun and intriguing RP.

"A specific bunch" are the people having problems with this? Has it occurred to you that, just maybe, since this thread was started only a few hours ago, it MIGHT not have reached everybody, yet? And, of course, this complete and utter disregard for the "bunch" in question is completely rude. Just because some people are more liable to point out criticisms, does it mean that the criticisms of those people are invalid? Of course not.

Speaking of that, so what if the people responding to this thread seem to be against what's going on in the RA? They've provided NOTHING but examples to back themselves up. They have a garden variety of reasons to choose from, as to why they find the RA distasteful. Plus, "neither side is budging"? Have you not been reading the previous conversation? While I'm still not convinced that the RA is gonna change, Guardian has so far been more than willing to admit to some of the many, MANY problems plaguing his faction. The power armor? The mech? Yeah, those seemed like pretty productive discussions to me.

But hey, I'm just a lurker, and those are my 2 cents.

11. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

I uh. I read the thread.

It's stupid lol. This whole thread is /stupid/. It's just one side bashing and doing nothing except pointing out problems, insulting, and really just not being productive, venting out their angers for naught, while the other side just explains themselves. I'm defending no one, but I'll say it again - No one is fucking helping, you're all going about this horribly, this is something that could have been handled /so/ much better in private, let alone with a mod present to help sort through the problems and help figure out a solution.

Tell me, Jim, what's the solution? I don't see one, and I've offered mine. If you guys really wants what's best for this community, follow the damn advice and go help them from the inside, not insult and continue to bicker and argue like children.

All you're doing is trying to force them out of the community, and that's just wrong.

If that's the case, the only purpose of this thread is to just insult them then. Honestly here's the thing, they're trying, and I get that. That's good. They're trying. Who outside of their group is trying to help out too, though? Do what's best for the community. "It's not my problem" good for you, but they're still members of the same community. If you're getting angry at people OOC in the /same community as you/ MAYBE you should try to help then? It's not about your problem or not. It's about doing a good deed and making the place better for everyone, and not one giant bitchfest.

12. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

(Ok that made me crack a smile, anyone else?)

Anyways. Back on topic. Anything else RA specific that you all want to talk about, that hasn't already been covered? Or some things that may need to be looked-over again/were accidentally passed over?

13. Cassidy

Cassidy The Strudel

it went from the topic i was trying to put across, all i was stating is that I really don't want the group to be singled out on a few's actions, not everyone does the same thing, you are basically calling out anyone who came from USAF and are saying that they are not willing to change, when some of us have.

14. skipi

skipi New Member

[​IMG]
    You supported this post essentially saying that this thread is a pointless attack against the RA. This tells me that you took nothing away from the thread and nothing is going to change as a result.

15. JimHarrison

It is not our responsibility to fix their busted system of RP.
    The thread was made to point out eeeverything that gets done wrong.

That's why it's called Concerns with the RA.

16. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

I believe the fact that he liked that post shows that he supports the solution LaserLlamas provided, not necessarily the opinion about the thread.

17. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

Simply liking a post does not decide the final outcome. It means I liked what he had to say.

18. JimHarrison

But his solution was to have all of us go in and fix it for them.

19. King Tickle

From my neutral perspective I see this thread as informative, not insulting. Sometimes the truth hurts, but it's still the truth. As I said it's just people pointing out what they see is flawed... and again you said: "Who outside of their group is trying to help out too, though?" But again, it's not someone ELSE'S responsibly to fix what isn't theirs as I just said.
    And if you think being part of the same community means we're all out to help each other well explain the negative bias some people have towards Skipi? The accused party is bias as can be, yet you expect the accusing party to provide the accused party the privileged of helping then fix things when the accused party themselves will not do anything of the sort? That's Hippocratic.

20. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Then this thread is basically just made to make us feel bad until we submit. If the purpose is not to help us, then your only intentions are to hurt us, am I wrong? Not that you guys have not brought up some fine points, but you really have not provided any solutions, only reasons to why you dislike us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.