1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

/!URGENT!/ A new threat is among us!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Aero, Nov 10, 2014.

1. ASinisterIon

ASinisterIon New Member

((Personally, I think it'd be fun to RP this. I couldn't give a damn if it's based in any science or not. Four hundred+ years in the future, and we're still using ballistics as a main form of small arms projectiles. I find that a bit hard to believe, in all honesty. However, on the other side, we thought that by 2013 we'd all have flying cars, and look how that turned out.))

2. King Tickle

King Tickle I hope it rains in this tunnel.

((You know ballistics are one of the most efficient types of weapons we'll be able to make for a LOOOONG while, unless you tell me the blueprints for an efficient nuclear X-Ray laser or something.))

3. Eleven

Eleven Mädchen in Uniform

(( srsly its a game, were supposed to have fun. and yet you are spiting on someones work, because you don't like the way how they thought their story up?grow up and learn how to tolerate things. life will not always go the way you like it.))

4. skipi

skipi New Member

(( you're right, im going to create darth vader and have a death star IC
    and if any of you children dont like it you can grow up and learn to tolerate things because life will not always go the way you like it

5. AmyCat

AmyCat New Member

((Characters & Accounts - Rule 3: No custom races or popular-media rip-offs.))

6. skipi

skipi New Member

(( who are you to say its a rip off
    it must just be a coincidence because darth vader is my original idea

7. ASinisterIon

ASinisterIon New Member

((Unless you plan on suing Lucas Arts, no one here would let you get away with saying it was your original idea))

8. AmyCat

AmyCat New Member

((I'm not going to bother pointing this out for you, just take note to what November posted. Now... this is an IC thread...))

9. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

(( Please stop derailing the thread. And to those who say that you cannot control minds, well. Wrong. You can. It's all in the hormones and chemicals in the body. You feel happy and light when endorphins are released. Your common sense flies away when alcohol goes to the brain. If in this time and age we can manipulate what people see and feel, what makes you think that 400 years into the future we wont be able to control people's minds? Implant a chip, send some signals here and there with the right frequency, stimulate certain areas of the brain, brainwash them and boom. Mind control.))

10. Sen

Sen Guest

The extraordinary often has an ordinary explanation.

It is clear that this is an attempt at fear mongering; the fabrication of a danger that is unseen, unstoppable and ultimately unverifiable. A fabrication which intends to cause suspicion to manifest into violence and turn us against each other. Listen not to outrageous claims made by authors who conceal their identity, for Antares has taught us they often conceal far more.

- Calmguard

11. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

Better start rallying the mobs, sharpening the pitchforks and lighting the torches ladies and gentlemen.

- Shadowstep

12. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Can I use a shovel?

13. Optimism

Optimism Guest

(( [​IMG] ))

(( Okay. Totally serious IC post coming in.))

-E. Nostalgia

Honestly, if this were true, I'd shelve it quite low on the scale of worries on the Frontier. Some individuals might benefit from having their freedom of will taken from them anyways, considering the destruction so-called freedom and the power of will cause in Antares on a daily basis.

As is, I still give this threat and its evidence as much credibility as a report on a gerbil spontaneously growing gills.

Cheers, gentlemen.

#33 Optimism, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  14. King Tickle

King Tickle I hope it rains in this tunnel.

Here here!
    Some of us have more important things to worry about then propaganda about some new horrible thing that will probably be curable by some new expensive product. Some of us are actually trying to survive in this forsaken frontier and it's difficult enough as is without this mamby-pamby hyped jargon and sales campaigns. Some of us have families to support and kids to feed.

-C4pT41n
    (Then again, some of us don't exist)

15. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

If this is true, I need to invest in some EMP weapons. Host dying or not, I won't let myself become a slave to anything.
    ~Cateth Vesrii

Hey, anyone know if helmets exist you can wear 24/7, and eat from? Not letting anything in my head, gotta keep safe...
    ~Anag

16. Fenrous

Fenrous New Member

I just use some tubes hooked up a camel pack with water and vitamin pastes. Pretty easy to tuck into a helmet if it isn't airtight. The paste tastes like shit but it's the only stuff that fits

-ILean24/7

((Brayden))

#36 Fenrous, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2015
  17. Wreth

Wreth New Member

((A chip that controls someones mind is really not that far fetched. It could work via the release and control of certain hormones.

In real life there is a disease called Toxoplasmosis that severely affects the mind of the host. The protazoa exists in rats, and causes the rat to behave less fearful of cats in order to have the rat eaten, so the disease can spread to the cat. It can also infect humans however, and has been found to cause all sorts of mental disorders and behaviours in humans.

If that can evolve naturally then a specific device designed to control a person, built in the distant high tech future really is not that far fetched.)

18. skipi

skipi New Member

(( turning a ship into a supernuke is very possible according to lore
    i still wouldn't do it though because its stupid

19. WrongEndoftheRainbow

WrongEndoftheRainbow Leprechaun Not Found

((A straw man argument is not a legitimate one.))

20. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

The first step in solving a problem is identifying it. We need to assemble a team of engineers, computer scientists, neuroscientists and cyberneticists on this, in order to reverse engineer it, figure out how it works, and what we can do to stop it. MY sister would likely be interested in helping.

-RayBeluga

((honestly I dont like the idea, but I'm rolling with it for now. meh))