1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Omega faction!!!

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by yoyohaloreach, Nov 9, 2014.

1. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

Okay for those of you that remember as far back as Avalon, you remember Omega.... My russian gun dealer that stole a shit loud of minikong tech and took in quite the profit of selling a lot of guns. It was when Avalon was up even, so anyways I plan on bringing him back but like with a big mercenary army for hire, as well as better guns and weapons for use!! So those who seem interested please respond and contact me, and for those of you that need a perspective think of the new Call of Duty campaign... Except for the boss going crazy and calling war on every faction then dying.

2. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

This sounds kinda sketchy at best to me right now. Would you outline exactly what you intend to do with this? I'm trying to be open minded here but I'm not so sure about this. Just my two cents.

3. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

Yeah sorry my medicatio is making me a bit... Well retarded anyways what I am getting at is a mercenary faction, that contacts teams to assist with people who ask as well as pay up. But this is not it's only directive as like I said they also sell weaponry, but they always have a polocy of being neutral in all conflicts they are contracted to. Sort of like a PMC A private military company.

4. Sen

Sen Guest

An excellent, well thought out idea. I give my full support and endorsement.

5. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

Why thank you! I was starting to get the feeling people don't like me around here.

6. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

....Either that or don't be mean and sarcastic.

7. Sen

Sen Guest

Why does everyone think my post is sarcasm? There must be a reason.

8. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

9. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

No no, I just think people were starting to not like me... But yeah anyways I'm looking for people to either have their characters join up, or create characters for it.

10. Shadow_vulpse

Shadow_vulpse New Member

Well... I'm trying to make my Floran from a different server go to this one. (This server runs better.) And he is more likely to be interested in this then my Avain. Though. At the moment joining is not good sense I'm moving and won't have internet for a couple days once we do.

11. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

Understandable, when I get enough support on this I will put something up in general.

12. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

If we are using a 1px = 1 modern USD conversion, making 8000 pixels per month means an annual salary of 96,000, which frankly I don't see a huge problem with. It's not an exorbitant amount, and depending on certain circumstances mercenaries can be paid pretty well.

I do strongly agree with Atom in regards to the shallowness of the faction. I believe the majority of experienced RPers here agree that this faction isn't very deep by any means. Why was it created? What is its founding principle? What is its purpose? Frankly, a faction built solely around getting paid to shoot things is not a good idea, as it is not realistic nor is it conducive to dynamic roleplay. Instead, I personally think there should be a trend toward factions with more diverse principles, incorporating commerce, R&D, politics, defense etc. simultaneously. Of course, certain factions would lean in one direction or another based on their purpose, but they should all have some relative balance.

13. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

Well sorry that this is my first attempt to make an actual faction.

14. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

And I'm trying to reach out to people who can help me out with this. But most of them just ignore me.

15. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

Yeah you're right here goes, hopefully this doesn't suck ze dick.... Ahem Omega Corporations main goal is have some politcal say in dfiferent colonies that uses it's products. As well as to make a profit off of said things may it be military, scientific, or engineering purposes. On the inside though it's somewhat about getting those who are in charge the power to get what they want, I'm also trying to get like a board of characters in on this but so much most military as well as scientists and engineers have their own labs and workshops. Anyways so yeah Omega Corp. is setting it's sights to get into the first universal conglomerate based on power and such. Again this is why I need aid I don't need one head at the corporation AKA me, I need multiple and I'm also looking for those who can help. If I need to add anything more just say so, I'll get any tips I can get right now as well as help.

16. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

<3 I missed taking my pain medicine to get me head into game.

17. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

As far as a random space mercenary goes, in my opinion, 96,000 is a lot. Keep in mind that only the top percentage of private military contractors can pay this; the average PMC pays their soldiers between $15,000 and $22,500, as well as room and board (Source: http://work.chron.com/private-military-company-pay-vs-army-pay-24574.html). Not to mention, there is little to no financial backing for this company to be able to pay that; no sole arms dealer would ever have the money to pay several people that salary without taking out a loan from a bank (Which don't exist in Antares).
    Just a friendly reminder, since people overlook it a lot here; wealth is subject to powergaming. Massive wealth with poor means makes for bad roleplay.

18. Sen

Sen Guest

you dun goofed, and misread the article

it says $15000-$22500 a month, not annually

19. Sen

Sen Guest

Do you read? I'm validating yoyohaloreach's choice to pay a 8000 pixel salary by pointing out some of the evidence posted against him was in fact in support of him.

20. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

Oh crap. I dun goofed.

Disregard my involvement please