1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Things Have Been Rather Slow Lately

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GuardianPotato, Sep 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Felix

Felix New Member

Animator: I am quite honestly baffled as to how you came to the conclusion that I believe communication and reports should be nixed altogether.

I stated that my problem with them is that it was happening with such frequency -- that it became exhausting. What put the nail in the coffin is that:

1) A mesbian joined the moderation team.
    2) There was a thread awhile back critique-ing Gramps' character and calling out their gross IC behavior yet they are still around pulling the same stunts.
    3) Number two repeats itself in that the same mesbians are around months later repeating these same behaviors as well.

What I am essentially saying here is that there comes a time when the moderators need to cut the head off the serpent to root out the source instead of waiting for the prompt to strike. Especially if this is going on for months.

2. Sen

Sen Guest

lol

3. Felix

Felix New Member

evil feminazi illuminati destroy penis

4. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

Sorry to burst the bubble but Gramps hasn't really been openly sexualizing any of his characters lately as far as I'm aware. So uh. He's changed. While I get you're using him for a point, directly using someone as an example is pretty rude, even if you're trying to make your own point. Your point would have worked months ago, though now it's out-dated and the lads changed.
    Seconded. This has nothing to do with the server being slow, which is false, the server is livelier than ever.

5. Felix

Felix New Member

The discussion is on topic. The fact that a player has said that it looks like I think females are the superior sex because I had the audacity to speak up on female representation is proof enough. That, right there, is why this discussion is necessary and the type of players I have to deal with.

6. Sen

Sen Guest

I would like to state that Aiko has made signicant and notable leaps and bounds in the quality of his characters. If any of you were here for the Avalon era, I'm quite certain that you'll agree that the hypersexualized, super godmode characters of that age are quite dead.

Still a little tasteless, though, but the point is that he has made great effort to improve himself, unlike some other certain individuals in this community.

7. Weavle105

Weavle105 Back in Black.

Since LaserLlamas put his quote quite well, I only have one question.
    About?

No, I do not think that because you spoke up about it, I think that due to your exceeding hostility and overall rude approach to the issue.
    Like you?

8. Hour

Hour Dogu

Mesbians in yo moderation team.

WATCHA GONNA DO

Sexualized female characters are the most boring things I've ever played with, I'd rather slam my face into a tile wall smeared with poo then be forced to RP with another pseudo-lesbian supermodel secret agent USCM operator. Sadly I didn't get the chance to kill Sandy on the server while I had the chance, totally should've tho.

Though tbh, is it /really/ that hard to /not/ play fetish-fuel oversexed women? I mean seriously where's the fun in that.

Also this thread's original 'rail' was like, nothing, how can a thread like this be derailed when there was never an original point to it anyway?

Edit: This is more constructive a conversation then even the thread's title lololol

9. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

There. I have edited the title of this thread so everything we've been discussing is 100% on topic.

... Thanks, that's actually really nice to hear and see in a legit post

10. Hour

Hour Dogu

Aiko cool aiko cool aiko cool aiko cool aiko cool aiko cool aiko cool

I may have an obsession with power armor but at least I never let my character be taken advantage of/drugged to shit/made a sex-toy.
    I've never met someone as sadistic to their female characters as you tbh.

11. Felix

Felix New Member

Kindly spare me the notion that I need to be sufficiently sweet enough for your palate; Sen is using the same posting style that I do in some places but I bet in your world he isn't representative of the idea that males are superior.

12. Animator

Animator New Member

The wording threw me off, my bad.
    1) I'm not going to speak for Aiko. If you have a problem with them, file a report or talk to them directly.
    2) Gramps has been punished before for his characters multiple times. Something to note is that they left afterwards when that thread progressed. I also recall that thread being painfully hostile; it's hard to investigate claims when virtually everyone else participating thinks it would be a wiser route to just insult others than to just keep it civil, compile everything on him, and nudge us on the shoulder and say, "Hey, he's doing that thing again".
    3) When nobody reports something and people feel that everything is alright, and no rules are actually broken, that's pretty much how a status quo works. It's sad, but true. We try to avoid being incredibly draconian to give people space with their roleplay. We'll be making motions to deal with this problem better, though, while making sure RP liberties are untouched.

Also, those who continue to say this thread has been derailed, or continue posting spam or nonsensical responses, will be warned. This is important to talk about and bring out into the open, and you are resolving absolutely nothing by sitting back on the sidelines and sniping at people for continuing to talk.

13. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

Plz no.

14. Day Tripper

Day Tripper miller ball breaker

I would have to agree with Hour on this. Sexualised characters of any sex, race, or sexual orientation are boring and stupid.

15. Weavle105

Weavle105 Back in Black.

Poor, poor Felith. He needs some MOAR BORD ON BORD AKSHUN!!! CUE THE FELITH X SOME OTHER MALE AVIAN!!!

#155 Weavle105, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2014
  16. skipi

skipi New Member

deadmans switch
    asspulled pressurized space armour
    has survived multiple explosions
    has survived a ship explosion in orbit

i disagree

#156 skipi, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2014
  17. Felix

Felix New Member

I displayed restraint in replying to this as I did not want to bring it up and clutter the discussion with backburner B.S.

You are not "to an extent transgender." You either are or you are not. It's like being pregnant; you cannot be in the middle, you either are or your are not. Furthermore, transgender people (especially if they are stable and have attended therapy) do not divulge this in public. They want to be "male" or "female." Not "transgender."

18. Weavle105

Weavle105 Back in Black.

Then I'm thinking of something similar, it would seem. Now let us leave it at that.
    EDIT: Also, not that I generally mind, but that would've been very easy to take into a PM.

19. Felix

Felix New Member

You need to make a choice.

Either it's OK to criticize someone's point of view, misinformed opinion, et cetera in public here in this thread or it's not. You were perfectly fine with Gramps screeching at me about how I have no jurisdiction over him and "correcting" me but for some reason I can't do the same here in this thread towards you.

It would also interest me if you replied as to why you think that that my hostilities in the thread are me displaying symptoms of believing the female sex is superior yet you do not think the same about similar replies with the same tone written by males. Why is that?

20. Weavle105

Weavle105 Back in Black.

What?
    I reiterate; What?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.