1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Custom NPCS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jnick22, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Jnick22

Jnick22 New Member

Is there currently a way to spawn Custom NPCs like the bears at Maple Hills? Perhaps via lua code or starcheat?

2. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

It's possible, but I couldn't tell you in a thousand years how to do it. IF you do decide to do it, or someone does it for you, it's recommended you go light on them since more complex custom NPCs draw more from the server.

3. Jnick22

Jnick22 New Member

Yes, of course, just a couple specially-clothed NPCS with (Perhaps, if possible) A speech bubble.

4. Shinki

Shinki New Member

I remember the HF used to do that a lot... with their guards on Liberty Mills.

5. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

I'd look for the person in the Order or former USAF/UPC that was responsible for their custom NPCs. Or the former members of the Holy Fleet, though to be honest, I don't know who did our guards.

6. Shinki

Shinki New Member

I went on a modding server, sb.zurfa.net, and they have custom NPCs there. However, the admin told me they used a program or something like that of sorts.

7. Hawke

Hawke ACK!

Custom NPCs are very delicate; it's very code-heavy and if you screw them up, bad things happen.

Very bad things.

Currently, everyone who does this on the server's gone through and been trained/certified/greenlit/whatever by me.

If you're looking to do something very basic, I'd strongly urge you to just use vanilla NPCs and imagination. It's amazing what you can do with the latter. : >

8. Jnick22

Jnick22 New Member

Yeah, I just want to give clothes to NPCs for a place I am building. I think the spawner.npcparameteroptions has to do with that, but I cannot find anything to modify worn clothes. Help?

9. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

You're on the right track here but as far as I know the only way to do it completely and safely is through a .lua code. And like Hawke said, its very delicate and can crash/borke the server very easily.

10. Shinki

Shinki New Member

Which can get you into big trouble. (inb4 GabeN Banhammer)

11. Jnick22

Jnick22 New Member

Yeah, I wont attempt it unless I have a definitive guide/couple hours of testing.