1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Starcheat Guides

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jnick22, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Jnick22

Jnick22 New Member

Hello, I recently found a DL for starcheat and was wondering if anyone had a guide, or a copy of a guide from the starcheat.org website. I have already read the guide on custom weapons/swords and such on this forum, but has anyone kept a copy of a starcheat.org guide by some chance? Or atleast have a guide of some sort on how to do advanced starcheat things.
    Edit: Yay, I learned I can now spawn mobs with this code:
    {

"actionOnReap": [

{

"action": "spawnmonster",

"arguments": {

"aggressive": true,

"damageTeam": 0,

"damageTeamType": "friendly",

"familyIndex": 0,

"killCount": null,

"level": 1,

"ownerUuid": "4d6af22cdb100c53778f67d3138931fe",

"persistent": true,

"seed": "3724439400229010173"

},

"offset": [

],

"type": "micropo"

}

],

"color": [

],

"power": 0,

"speed": 60

}
    So, I have that down so far. This means I can spawn something when a projectile hits the wall. So, this might mean I could make that health-Grenadier machine.

#1 Jnick22, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
  2. Aromyl

Aromyl Mad Coder

I've had my fair share of tinkering with starcheat, and have stumbled upon some things. Seeing as how I'm more or less inactive on the server currently, I could possibly whip up a more in-depth tutorial of features I found when I was tinkering with the files. This is a possibility, but if people are interested I don't see why not.

3. Jnick22

Jnick22 New Member

Yes, if you could, I have only been tinkering with it for a day or two, now. Mostly wondering how people do custom projectiles. Like, a gun that shoots lasers that make a heal explosive go off when they hit the wall or some such.

4. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

I have been wondering about the projectile exploding into something else for a long time now, myself. Along with wishing I knew how to do safe pixel-by-pixel editing to make more custom stuff. Just... without a major frame rate hit.

5. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

what are you guys specifically curious about? onReaps (the "do stuff after reaching the target" part)? changing the color of the projectile?

6. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

I'm mostly interested in the OnReap command, but not sure how to properly use it. I've seen example scripts for spawning mobs, but that's about it. Also interested in constructing custom weaponry in particular, with pixel-by-pixel editing. I just don't want to cause any major frame rate drops. I know that some really high end pixel count weapons made through that method can severely reduce fps.