1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Are bounty hunters over used still??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joeingram318, Aug 25, 2014.

?

Should I ?

1. Yay

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Nay

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. joeingram318

joeingram318 New Member

Hello every one, I have recently decided I missed the server and plan to play on it so my question is are bounty hunters and slavers over used by every one?? I remember that every one wanted to be the super cool bad ass bounty hunter and that's the reason I never played as one and after watching some Star Wars the clone wars I decided I want to be a bane kind of character or a young BOBA Fet?? By young BOBA Fett I mean around the age of 18 or 20 and he's trying to take his fathers foot steps doing small time jobs at first and expanding on that. He will be decently trained because if you have watched statwars the clone wars show he is decently skilled at the arts of a bounty hunter and almost killed Mace Windu. Of course I plan not to do the over rates revenge story that's old I plan on making his story a bit different I think the story is that when he was very young he was kidnapped by a group of pirates and from there he thought he was the son of the leader but later he was told his "father" that he was not really his real father but not revealing he was kidnapped and after his training is done he was released with a ship, some credits, and some fire power. What do you guys think??

2. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

It is used a lot, but something is never overused until you come across 6000 of them. I vote yay. You get +1.

3. Kaiser Franz

Kaiser Franz New Member

I think the server needs more gunslingers with something to prove like I need a hole in my head. Try a non-combatant, a doctor, an engineer, an entrepreneur I don't fuckin' know. What I do know is a normal person would be a better addition to the rp than a 'Bobba Fett' knock off just bein' plopped into the server for more shoddy combat rp.​

4. Hawke

Hawke ACK!

If you have to ask the question, you already know the answer.

5. joeingram318

joeingram318 New Member

6. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Overused? Yes. Bounty Hunters who actually hunt bounties rather than sitting in the bar all day drinking gallon after gallon of whiskey (always whiskey!) and playing guitar? No. Most bounty hunters are all bluff and no bite. That said, I find interacting with and playing non-combatants to be more entertaining. There's less focus on how badass they are, and more focus on their character. Except scientists. Scientists have this weird thing where they all devolve into reinventing the universe alone in five days. Curing space cancer in a day. Creating entire fleets of warships in days with no resources. Alone. Creating entire sets of weapons in days. Alone. You get the idea.

If you do a scientist well, though...

7. joeingram318

joeingram318 New Member

You made an excellent point I'm going to try to get a crew to gether that makes it so none of my crew are all great every sorta skill. For example well have marksman, skilled pilot, hacker/explosive experct, and a heavy weapons expert. And one questions are custom ships allowed?! And I plan to a have a mini bar on the ship with fine wine good for the heart
    ;)

8. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

Considering so far we've had to make out own characters to go after anyone in the Ex-USAF with a bounty actively, no, correctly played bounty hunters are NOT overused.

9. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

There was a time where bounty-hunting was a thing some months back, but ultimately? Between consent, who's online, and rp fights, it wasn't viable in the long run. Too many trouble, honestly. If you want to keep that crew interesting and going, try to organize some 'hunt' with other players rping the bounties, and leave outcome to rp instead a script. Win, partial victory, even defeat... that should be the interesting part of a crew like that.

If you end assembling that crew, make sure you and every member remember this (totally not!stolen from Felonius):
    If you live by the blade, you die by the blade. (expect maiming, wounds, and etcetera!)

10. Super Sugar

Super Sugar New Member

I'd just like to say that I love the bounty-hunting thing. The USCM/USAF guys had a notice out for Penal Colonies to find and report. I took that job and made a bit of side cash. I also captured a bounty head that the Miniknog had reported, which made me -a lot- of cash. Last night, me and two other bounty hunters trapped three wanted ex-USAF/ex-USCM bounty heads inside of a hospital, people were shot, no one died and everyone enjoyed it. (literally, no one complained).

If you are going to hunt bounties, hunt the bounties. :)

11. Akitor12

Akitor12 New Member

I have a character I'm not using, he's a heavy weapons expert, if you do this maybe he could join.