1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

RWBY: the perfect example of Godmoding and power gaming. Not to mention "Main Character" syndrome

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ariexe, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

SPOILER ALERT
    Skip to 9:00

To name a few, Fist fighting a mech with anime MMO level armor (aka NO ARMOR AT ALL). Bottomless clips. breaking your damn spine to dodge a flying car. jumping massive gaps... I could go on and on. Also my personal favorite. TPing to your space ship to evade a battle your loosing. Also reading minds. Just... How do they know what eachother is thinking.

Just.... Don't do this. This is every example of everything you can do under the sun to piss people off duirng an RP fight

#1 Ariexe, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2014
  2. Super Sugar

Super Sugar New Member

Damnit! Just when I was thinking about bringing my mech into the NC Bar.....

But, honestly, good points made here. :)

3. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

Are you really watching this shit?

4. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

are you really saying comments that don't contribute to the topic?

5. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

There are other reasons, pointed out in this thread, which aren't even close to the ones pointed out.

And for the reason it has been already discussed, this thread won't shed much more light into the matter.

6. Super Sugar

Super Sugar New Member

I disagree. Putting up more signs will allow for more people to be exposed! Not everyone crawls the forums for information, taking for example a recent OOC post that was placed into an IC thread because the player couldn't find the OOC thread.

7. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

The thread link is very recent, still in first page. Just check how did it end.

8. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

but.. i like monty ohm and rooster teeth ;~;

9. Super Sugar

Super Sugar New Member

I'm not sure I understand you. Which 'thread link' are you referring to, this one or the one you posted?

10. skipi

skipi New Member

Is anyone learning anything new from this? If you're basing your character off of a fucking anime protagonist, you shouldn't be RPing. This is 101.

11. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

The one she posted. I agree with Keycross, in any case. These threads keep popping up and they also always seem to just devolve into pointing fingers, rage posts, flame wars, etc. Given past posts, this sort of thread has already proved its point and there seriously doesn't need to be so many. Also, this post isn't meant to be hostile, but more to look at it from an analytical standpoint. These threads only ever really get out of hand.

12. Animator

Animator New Member

Mark my words. One day, we'll have a rule against anime characters.

*clenches fist, shakes it*

One day...

13. Rezima

Rezima New Member

*awkwardly clears her throat, crumpling up a 15 page backstory on one 'Chimetori Senpai'*

14. Shinki

Shinki New Member

Well.
    Red vs Blue was SOOOOOO much better.

15. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

R.I.P. every Aiko character ever.

16. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

And thus begins with mods.

I just wanted to give a VERY STRONG example of this.. so you know... people don't do this sh*t

Also im not pointing fingers. Im talking generaly

17. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Don't do this either.

18. Diddums

Diddums That Loveable Lad

Yeah, I agree with you there.

Michael fucking makes the whole of it though. What a fucking lad. Holy shit. I was skeptical when he joined up because I was a fan of his before he got there, and he pretty much abandoned everyone on his old channel (but then he started making Full Play so it was pretty much just his channel being moved over to Achievement Hunter).

As for Monty, he seems like a cool guy, but RWBY is terrible, not everything about it mind, but to harvest the good points and put it into some thing else good you'd need to scrap the whole thing. But... This is coming from a guy who's only seen montages, and even those were created to ridicule the show.

But Monty does seem like a bro though.

19. Shinki

Shinki New Member

Well, unlike most other people doing... Star Wars actually has a decent buildup of how they ICly were able to get that powerful, and get, well, the Death Star. Everything had a backstory, and things were actually written out.
    However, RWBY made everything such BS. How did Yang get those infinite-ammo shotty-gauntlets? How did Ruby ge- You know what, screw it. Red vs Blue anytime.

20. The Grand Mugwump

Synthetic humans, mega magical girls, and wtf's oh my. I suppose the difference with RBWY is all the main players are like that and it's perfectly um...normal for their world because magic? Dunno. That sort of magic stuff definitely isn't in Starbound.

I do like the "Ooooo, that's a big robot." "How did he get that?" *story moves on*

And somehow the mech beating the crud out of the yellow one made her stronger? Real life definitely doesn't work that way.