1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

A not-so-quick question!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LuckyPenelope, Aug 21, 2014.

1. LuckyPenelope

LuckyPenelope New Member

I've been saying that my character, Erinyes (Dorothy) Bludd, is a mech pilot. As the server does not allow the XS Corporation Mech mod, I have not used a mech in any IC RP other than mentioning it, or that she pilots it. I've heard that people have had some different "weapon skins" that made them appear to be piloting a vehicle, i.e. a tank. If I were to ask someone to skin such a weapon for me (making it into a mech) who would I want to ask?

Oh, and here's the mech I used previously. It's towards the bottom, the teal-colored one called the [R-11] Ronin Rho. I'm not expecting it to fly or do the brick damage, but I'd like to know if creating such a "weapon" is possible.

Edit: Forgot the link. Heheh. http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/419

2. Wreth

Wreth New Member

There are mechs in the vanilla game

3. LuckyPenelope

LuckyPenelope New Member

I'm aware of that, but they aren't the kind of mech I'm looking for (or wrote my backstory with.)

4. skipi

skipi New Member

5. Super Sugar

Super Sugar New Member

I would focus on non-combat RP for now. Creating something like this would take over an hour, and that is not including designing it, so you are looking at someone's better half of their day. You are fairly new to the server, so I am not so sure how willing someone would be to dedicate their time to you for this, just yet.

Although, it -is- more fun to make things yourself. Maybe someone would be willing to share exactly what they do in order to create these items, then you could make it look exactly how you want it!

6. Edvyn

Edvyn Permanently Banned

just use the car tech and drive through buildings as you blast the horn

HOOOOOOONK HOOOOOOOOOOOOONK OUTTA THE WAY FUCKERS I'M IN MY NOT-MECH HOOOOOONK BTW YOU'RE DEAD

7. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

Another thing to think about is that, no matter how it's made, it won't be remotely the same as something like one of the XS mechs. Not to mention the fact that, generally, those sorts of things don't come up very often in RP. There's no orbital dropping a mech, materializing one next to you, or similar. People often don't like people bringing out mechs, either. I mean, if it's done in a way that makes a great deal of sense, then sure. But it's just something that's also generally frowned upon.

8. LuckyPenelope

LuckyPenelope New Member

I'm used to pen-and-paper or forum-based RP: a lot of these things are new to me. Not so much the actual roleplaying aspects: I've played many different characters, including one (Erinyes, in fact, adapted for a different setting) who had a mech. I consider myself to RP reasonably when it comes to things like that. What are new to me, what excites me, are all of the visuals. I get a kick out of being able to actually SEE my characters, outside of my mind's eye, to be able to SEE all of players' gadgets and things, to have an avatar. That is the main reason I wanted to ask around about this "option." The mech is a big part of my character, but not for it's own sake, or because I want to smash through buildings and generally F everyone up.