1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Break time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Switchback, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

I'm taking a break...
    The recent shitstorm cause me to.... do some unhealthy actions to myself and i need a break.
    I need time to think and see if i'm actually wanted in this community anymore.

~Gramps

2. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Take care, keep safe.

3. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

Im sorry that this happened, I still love you, and Im sorry you are/feel hated by the community, please come back :(

4. Sen

Sen Guest

Another insincere thread where the ulterior motive is to gain attention. I'm sure some softhearted people might feel guilty or sympathize with you, but I've seen the whole "announce I'm leaving because of X but not actually leave" dance a hundred times over.

5. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

Kindly leave me alone.

6. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

yeah, leave her alone, she may be a slooty powergamer(though i havent really seen any powergaming myself), but that doesnt mean you should be a bully, cause you know what? she may very well be doing just that, theres no way of knowing for sure, and if shes not then that would just make her feel a whole lot worse

7. Chronicle

Chronicle nobody knows why he's still here

Sharp, I stand by every single thing I said in your thread.

Once again, if this is insincere and just meant to try and garner sympathy/have people ignore what we discussed in the criticism thread, it's probably not working and, again, it's not for your benefit or ours. Also, self-harm is a very serious thing. I really hope you didn't make that claim falsely, otherwise you have lost any margin of respect I have for you.

If, however, you sincerely did "do something" as a result that thread. Which, I will remind everyone, is certainly possible...

...I still stand by every single thing I said in your thread. It was valid and honest criticism and I still hope you take it to heart. Same goes with that of Terallis and a few other respectable sorts.

But I would also like to add that this is a damn game. That's something we all too often forget. This is a small part of each of our larger lives, and we owe it to ourselves to keep it that way and keep it in mind. No matter your age or situation, Gramps, you've potentially got a very long life ahead of you, and it's definitely got a lot of potential in it for all kinds of things. This is what makes life the greatest game of all, and the one we should enjoy most.

Remember in the end that while we are being sincere, here, you also have a life outside of this. Treat it with respect and reverence - not everyone gets one, and life is a precious thing. I sincerely hope that you remain well, do well, and think well, and forever try to improve. We, as people, will never be perfect, and we will all always have flaws. Striving to improve those flaws and things we dislike is what makes us better, gives us meaning, keeps us from growing stagnant and bored with life.

Rhetoric aside. I really do wish you the best, whether you remain here or go elsewhere. In life and in RP, I hope you ever improve and take care of yourself.

Sincerely,
    - Chronicle

8. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Rule Zero

9. Weavle105

Weavle105 Back in Black.

As Gramps is a friend of mine, this will probably be a biased post, but note that the amount of shits I give is approximately none.
    Honestly, I know you won't give two damns about what I'm about to say, but not everyone is an attention whore who does everything simply for sympathy. Some people, yes, but NOT EVERYONE. When they go into painstaking with absolutely no reason, then that makes the possibility more likely, but note how very vague and light on the details he was, so please, feel free to get that stick out of your ass and apologize for the situation you helped create.
    Honestly, I'm having a hard time telling whether or not that back-handed defense was purposeful or not, but I'd like to think it's accidental. Remember, wording is very important.
    And if they don't claim falsely, do you really believe that'd help?
    Quite frankly, I don't quite think this is the time to be emphasizing your critiques of their character.
    People have said this to me on many occasion when I got stressed about something related to the Roleplay. Yes, it's a game, with real people playing it. Over the INTERNET. Meaning bullying, is a VERY possible thing. It's not like he's getting stressed strictly due to a character insulting their player character, like Glados does to Chell. It's likely more because real life people are being overly critical or rude to him about something they did or a character they have. Having a bunch of people shit on your work in such a small community as this can be really painful, I'd know from experience.
    That doesn't necessarily mean that their life normally has the requirements that this roleplay server/forum may provide, such as friends, an outlet for creativity, and connectivity to others in general. Real life friends are an important source of stress relief and support, which some people find are hard to get due to an introverted or shy personality. Once again, I'd know from experience. Some people don't have a life that could be considered unfulfilling, or lacking in certain necessities, that may make them more vulnerable, and to meet those needs, they have to take a bit of a gamble. Apologies for the semi-unrelated mini-rant, I'm exhausted. Pretty much I'm trying to say that some people's lives missing very important things, and when you're denied that thing and insulted for trying, that can be pretty damn hurtful. God I need sleep...

10. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

Give this man a cookie, I mean that as serious as I can be.

11. Sen

Sen Guest

12. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

Break from starbound =/= break from checking out your own threads on the forums.
    Now stop breaking rule #0.

13. MrSyn

MrSyn New Member

I don't mean to get involved. But what is the purpose of publicly calling them out for this? Don't you feel it will draw more controversial attention by calling them out for doing it? Surely if you believe they're posting this for attention, you would not add to it by giving them more?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.