1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

USAF's Demise (Come shoot at us!)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by CouchPotato360, Aug 7, 2014.

?

When do you think the event should start?

Poll closed Aug 16, 2014.
  1. August 16th 6PM EST (Saturday)

28.6%
  2. August 16th 8PM EST

28.6%
  3. August 16th 10PM EST

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. August 16th 11PM EST

28.6%
  5. August 17th (Sunday)

14.3%
  6. Delay the event for a week!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CouchPotato360

CouchPotato360 Last Man Standing

[​IMG]
    So we've established that the United Systems as it stands, is not fun to RP with! Instead of retconning so much crap, we plan to play out our escape from the faction. Essentially, the USCM is kill.
    Here's how we plan(subject to change, suggestions encouraged!) for this event to go down. Central Command discovers that ODA 7114 has been recruiting xenos, and even have an avian Marine. This does not sit well with them, we're playing to the good ol' racism card here.
    United Systems Central Command sends a team of operators out to Hammer Point to capture the Humans, and kill the xenos. After a warning by one of the xenos in the USIF, a throwaway character, over the intercoms, the Marines and IF begin their escape. They do not manage to stay ahead of the operators for long, but UPC joins in, helping the soldiers get away while they fight the operators. They call down a shuttle, which is defended by UPC ships until they're destroyed, allowing the soldiers a brief window to escape.
    Anyone who is interested in participating in this event is welcome to do so, whether they decide to take the position of an operator or a throwaway USIF infantryman/UPC officer. Emphasis on throwaway, though they won't be flat footed Storm troopers who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. There won't be any time to grab their gear, so no power armour or high tech no-scope headshot pistols. It's also planned for both sides to take some casualties, so don't be afraid to take a bullet! Orrrr several. On that note I also ask that you please don't religiously target mains, it's understandable that they are targets too and they can take injuries, but don't centre them out for no good reason.
    Gear and all necessary information can be provided here or in a PM. Don't hesitate to message me!

#1 CouchPotato360, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014
  2. CouchPotato360

View attachment 2145 CENTCOM Operators - The role of the operators is more or less to seize every element ODA 7114 possesses. They're also ordered to capture all personnel alive if possible, that isn't going to play out though. Operators will be equipped with standard issue pulse rifles and are wearing the Onyx battlesuit. The closest modern day equivalent would probably be MARSOC CSOs, refer to them for a general idea of what you'd be roleplaying as. We will be having one of our own play the commanding officer of these operators to better coordinate them IC and OOC. HAVE to be humans, beards are mandatory.
    View attachment 2150 USIF Infantrymen - The role of the infantrymen is to get the hell out of Hammer Point and escape Union. They will likely be carrying military grade ballistic vests(shown on the left, it does carry rifle plates), a holstered service pistol, and possibly a slung pulse rifle/shotgun. These guys are like redshirts, they aren't totally guaranteed to die but there's a decent chance they will. The infantrymen will be spread out around Hammer Point and are one of the main objectives for the operators, captured alive if possible, terminated if necessary. Can be any race!
    View attachment 2151 UPC Officer - The unfortunate role of the UPC officer is to die, they'll be the ones making a valiant sacrifice so that our jarheads can escape. UPC officers will be carrying a 12 gauge "Equalizer" shotgun(utilizing 1 oz. slugs), M-1 Mancatcher, and a modernized UPC 686 Revolver. They wear a light durasteel helmet and basic Kevlar coverings on their chest, shoulders, and knees. Leschinsky in particular will be coordinating the UPC players OOC and IC. Can also be any race!
    Translations
    All these acronyms can be rather confusing to anyone unfamiliar, so I shall provide a translation for each.
    USAF - United Systems Armed Forces
    USCM - United Systems Colonial Marines
    USIF - United Systems Indigenous Forces
    CENTCOM - Central Command
    ODA - Operational Detachment Alpha
    MARSOC - United States Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command
    UPC - Union Peacekeeper Corps
    CSO - Critical Skills Operator
    ONR - Office of Naval Research
    USN - United Systems Navy
    srs guys, you get to use our own power armour against us, how is that not a good deal?

Attached Files:

#2 CouchPotato360, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2014
  3. Cassidy

Cassidy The Strudel

I mean, come on... you get to attack the people who you don't like, what else do you want, a cookie?

4. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

I VOLUNTEER
    *trips over eagerness*

5. The Grand Mugwump

SMASH!
    *trips over Jim*

EDIT IN IMPORTANT STUFF:

Role: Willing to fill any spot which needs more bodies.
    Time: Any time Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday, Wednesday Mornings (may change), and Saturday evenings (may change)
    Steam: The Grand Mugwump ((the one and only. Don't fall for that Grand High Mugwump's tricks))

#5 The Grand Mugwump, Aug 7, 2014
  6. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

-Already interested-

7. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

Xeno scum purge. Good.

8. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

I get cool gun and armor?

9. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

*trips over Jim and Mugwump as he raises his hand to volunteer*

10. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Depending when this happens I'd be willing to come back and participate as a throwaway role on whatever end needs it.

11. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

*Violently crashes to the ground for no reason*

12. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

*shrinks away from the human tidal wave, already feeling the bullet wounds*

13. The Grand Mugwump

*dakka dakka*

14. CrackShotCleric

CrackShotCleric New Member

*Raises hand to volunteer* I want to assist, however I also want a cookie. you did offer...
    Steam: CrackShotCleric

edit - I am willing to play either a USIF Infantry or a CENTCOM Operative.

edit #2 - Monday or Tuesday night. like between the hours of 11 PM and 1 AM following day.

#14 CrackShotCleric, Aug 7, 2014
  15. CouchPotato360

Assuming a majority of these posts are an expression of interest I'm going to add that stuff on here will be receiving regular updates as I work on it. Could everyone who's interested in participating update their posts with a desired role and what times they'll be available in the future? Additionally! Posting your steam usernames would be fantastic, so I can contact you and vice versa. Or just add me, I'm CouchPotato360, you can also find me in other people's friend lists if you're lazy or something.
    Yes, all of everything you guys will be using is going to be provided.

16. Xaron

Xaron Who is this guy?

NEW GUY WANTS IN TO SEE HOW2RP
    And how2ded, too, so I'll probably play as Infantry. If everyone ends up wanting to kill the everyone, there's not going to be anyone to kill!
    Also time is almost any between 9:30 AM EST and 11:30 PM EST until August 15th, and I don't know how my schedule will change after that point.
    Character: Jackson Speil, Human.

#16 Xaron, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2014
  17. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

I am a rebel, so I'll post the relevant information here.

Desired role: Any place that needs filling.
    Availability: Mon-Fri (after midnight), Saturday and Sunday I am time flexible. Evening hours tend to work better.
    Steam: Soviet_Missile

18. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

*Raises hand*
    pls

I can go as any role, I don't see diffrences between them

19. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

We want this event to go as smoothly as possible, so if you ahev any question, any at all, no matter how stupid, ask. It always helps.

20. MedMalpractice

MedMalpractice New Member

When is this going down?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.