1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Open to public - Zero City

Discussion in 'Archives' started by FireDrinker, Jul 16, 2014.

1. FireDrinker

FireDrinker Beware, I live!

((Posted by TrueBlue117))

Yo.

You know what I'm real sick of, yeah? I'm sick of all these big guys in the galaxy tellin' me what I can and can't do. I'm a bigshot in armor, you can't eat that rice! Or whatever. Galaxy fulla' punks with limp dicks and a whole big pile of overcompensation. Shoutin' orders down from on high while their lockstep armies spittle at their boots.

I found my jackpot recently, but I ain't gonna cash it into these creeps. Nah. Antares needs a place where the guy with the biggest ship isn't by default the guy who everyone has to fall all over to get shit down.

Tha's why I'm givin' it to you, galaxy. It's nothin' but it's gonna be made into something. Zero fer now, but a zillion later.

[​IMG]

Zero is built on the back of a massive capital ship of some sort. Crashed or dumped ages ago 'long with the rest. Plenty of other ships floating around in orbit or smashed elsewhere. A scrapman's dream come true. A ship graveyard.

So that's a pretty picture, but why should ya come to Zero when you can park at any of the other colonies in the galaxy? Here is is plain and simple:

Zero is:

Politically Neutral: Factions members can show, factions can build embassies if they like, but if they try to make this place boring with their rules and regulations? Or take their pissing contests to our back yard? They can fuck right off.

Government Regulation Free
    : No rules. Better than having to get something cross-signed in triplicate if you want to sneeze

Free to build or stay
    : I've renovated at least one old wreck that torpedoed into the ship Zero's restin' on the back of for use as livin' quaters. I'm sure with a little bit panache we could manage others. There's plenty of materials from every species lyin' about just waitin' to be reused to build whatever you like. No restrictions. No taxes. No salmon shit.

Large: Plenty of room for you to build your dream project, with all the fixin'. We got runnin' water and electricity from the wreck's generators.

Accessible: The old wreck we're sittin' on is built with a good old proper skyrail transit system. Wherever you are in the city limits, that transit line'll take you to your place in practically no time.

Aphot's Rest Bar and Grill: Best sushi, best drinks, best times, forever happy!*
    *Does not serve Bloody Puss, Meatwine, or any other traditional Floran Drinks

Coordinates:
    [​IMG]

2. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

((Blaze))

Sign me right the fuck up. Somewhere to kick back where I'm not freezing my fucking ass off or forced to time warp back to the fuckin' stone age.
    Sounds bitchin.

- BarbedWire89

#2 Aiko Ikari, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  3. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Why not Meatwine?
    Also, looks neat. Might visit in future.
    - Crowliss

#3 Doctor Frohman, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
  4. FireDrinker

((Posted by Trueblue117))

1. I don't know how to make it, pal.
    2. It's made with blood.
    3. Ew to above statement.
    4. Ewwww.
    5. Longstanding whole 'Hlyotl/Floran rivalry' shebang.

If you don't like it make your own damn bar. I won't stop ya. Plenty of scrap. Lotta dead ships. At least a few gotta be Floran patchjobs. If not, find some soil that ain't tainted and grow one of your damned trees.

5. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

((So OOC, we can just start buildin the place up, that's what you want? Keep a thematic design of "salvaged scrap and ship hulls, patchwork metal, etc? I'm feelin "radio tower" ))

6. FireDrinker

((If you wanna keep with the theme, keep with the theme, I won't object. Othewise it was designed to have as neutral color palette as I could possibly manage.

Build what you want that you think would be cool. If you want to build a dojo, build a dojo. If you want a treehouse build a treehouse and make it look like thee tree is growing out of the hull. or whatever. I tried to show at least some of the potiential variety in what I built.

This is not just a salvage scrap place, but a salvaged scrap place filled with junk from every species scrap so go nuts.))

7. SkyTheGooselord

SkyTheGooselord New Member

Interest. Perhaps I will stop by. Nostalgic. It has been much too long since I last visited a scrapyard, let alone a shipyard!

- Sepheri

8. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

Huh... I might stop by to look at it sometime. -Felith

9. Doctor Frohman

So traditional Hlyotl drinks aren't there either?
    - Crowliss

10. Liraxus

Liraxus New Member

A colony without rules? Have fun with the constant gunfights, there are a lot of dicks out there in the galaxy, from a colony leader to another, I can only wish you good luck.

-SativaRN

11. Doctor Frohman

And its the perfect place to set up a dentistry!
    - Germany

12. Diehardpatriot

Diehardpatriot New Member

Fine, I'll be the logical, cynical one.

How exactly do you plan to stop one of those factions you passively-aggressively disdain from coming in and acquiring the place?

Hell, you don't even have a militia. Not one single person to stop someone from storming in and taking it.

-Eight

13. Doctor Frohman

Nobody wants the place.

- Germany

14. Narfball

Narfball narfball

BEST IDEA 2009.

-AN_AGGRESSIVE_FISH6969​

15. Deadkool-aid

Deadkool-aid New Member

I vill visit, you have my approval

-Kristoff Sokolov

16. ASinisterIon

ASinisterIon New Member

((Four-Cat would love a radio tower that was built for him, and not a pre-built NC one))

17. LuckyPenelope

LuckyPenelope New Member

Define "no rules." I'm pretty sure that the literal, word-by-word interpretation of this is "do whatever the fuck you want, with no one to shoot you if you start fuckin' around. Murder, rape, steal.'s all good, right? If that's what it really is, then anybody right in their right fuckin' mind outta stay the fuck away. 'less you got something to hide, 'course.

Now don't get me wrong, I make a living dealing with people like that. If it is what it claims to be, I might even have to stop by, some time. Shake someone up myself. Might even feel good.

- EDB

18. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

I like it, everyone with a chip on their shoulder can go there and get themselves killed, Ill stay where its safe, thanks.
    -Wavemaker Longtongue.

19. Deadkool-aid

Deadkool-aid New Member

((I think it'll be similar to the outcasts but without a leader))

20. Olivia

Olivia New Member

This seems interesting, I might open a restaurant and call it "Aqua".

-Mizuki