1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

No more government.

Discussion in 'Archives' started by CadeDaBeast, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Aiktor

Aiktor New Member

Intelligent beings are too weak to live without a government. There will always be someone trying to get more. At the beginnings of times, humans were in some sort of "anarchy", and there were no leaders. Then some people understood that they could get whatever they wanted by exploiting others, such were born the first governments.

Democracy is no solution, as it keeps the people unhappy, and the politicians have seriously depressing behaviors.

The only way for the people of the universe to advance is to have one strong leader, willing to take the rest of the people in the right direction. No such man or woman ever existed, and the chances of someone like that to appear are inexistant.

- Makiel

2. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

I agree with only your last sentence. The rest seems off. Very off.

3. CadeDaBeast

CadeDaBeast New Member

People like this are what keep the universe behind. When there is only one leader with supreme power, freedom disappears and you have no say in government. If we were to adopt this, all people would share equal power. There would be no tyrants taking away your rights.

4. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

And there would be no one to enforce your rights but yourself.

5. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Someone took my coffee? Kablammo!
    Though in reality, I'd probably just cower behind my owner...
    - Tony

6. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Xia-
    All this government thing is pretty meaningless. Go to your ship. Open up the nav panel. Pick a random planet. Go there.

And done, you can do whatever you want there.

Was it that hard?

7. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

[RelzAdBot]

Join the Relzurautt Armada Today!
    Recruiters are always ready!
    Sign On Bonus Available!

8. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

*Angel*

*shocked voice* but... but... how could you betray the nation-states ideals like that... *blue screens*

9. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

In human history, "All people are equal" when it comes as a form of government, has shown to crumble down pretty fast due to their own natural behavior. The most successful ones have always been those with some sort of leadership, either by democracy, oligarchy, dictators, and so on.

I can't speak for other races, though, and I'll be grateful if anyone knows about their governments.

-Memory

10. Aiktor

Aiktor New Member

Different individuals have different points of view, and at such, political freedom brings slower decision-making power in a country, slowing everything related to it: economy, social rights, hapiness, and so on. In your "anarchy", due to the fact that everybody would have a say rather than just a few elected people, there would most certainly be some necessary decisions that will never be able to be made, as some people will see them as "against their interest". Such a system would need a mediator. But a cold, logical, mechanic mediator. Someone (or something) without feelings. I'm pretty sure most of the universe's population would feel unsafe being watched by a robot.

But these are just my thoughts on the subject, and I will gladly accept your system should you prove it usable and useful.

- Makiel

11. CadeDaBeast

CadeDaBeast New Member

I can see your point. But supreme leadership almost always leads to dictatorships and the revoking of freedom. With "collectivism", as I am now calling it, has evolved. Along with giving the people added power, (more than ever before), it would still have a system of government. It would allow decisions to still be made quickly, while giving the people the power they deserve. Some of you will tell me that this already exists, and I am sorry my my small experience on the matter. But what I do know is that this is the best way to carry out our government.

12. Aiktor

Aiktor New Member

((This is NOT Makiel speaking, so not the same character as the one who I used earlier in the thread.))

Try to establish your collectivism in a single settlement. If it works, try a system, or a faction. And if it proves to work on a larger scale, maybe most of the universe will accept it as a good way to rule. However, if you do so, be prepared to fight wars against those who won't believe in your way, those who would rather have dictatorial powers over as much other living creatures as possible.

I always felt like fighting totalitarian governments is a necessity, as they bring major problems to societies. I've also always felt like the "democracy" as most of us know it is far too lead by corruption and search for power to be efficient. But the system you're proposing here might work, and I'm willing to try it should you establish it somewhere.

- Zarelham

13. Sammy McHammyDoodle

Sammy McHammyDoodle New Member

-Agilles-
    While the whole thing can be admirable, I would like for you to look at the people in this sector, most of them are fucking savages, savages that will not ever be able to organize or complete this act. And then inbetween those savages are a few decent and smart people who try to organize everything so that things might eventually be fair, among those are the people like the Rezalruat Armada and the Holy Fleet who seem to just fuck things up again.

((This swearing thing ;_; plucks me..))

14. MedMalpractice

MedMalpractice New Member

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that you don't have the means or the manpower to overwhelm the factions that control the area, you're just some random guy talking big. Even if you weren't, our current system keeps people safe. I wouldn't want to be around most of the people I know here if there were no laws. Just a thought.

-Marlowe

15. Narfball

Narfball narfball

WOW THIS IS STILL A THING? LIKE, FOR REAL, YOU'RE PROPOSING ONE OF TWO THINGS HERE FROM WHAT I'VE READ: AN OLIGARCHY AND A GODDAMNED DEMOCRACY, YOU'RE TRYING TO MAKE SOMETHING THAT EXISTS SOUND DIFFERENT BECAUSE YOU'RE DUMB AND CAN'T STAND THE FACT THAT SOMEONE THOUGHT OF SOMETHING BEFORE YOU, QUIT TRYING SO HARD AND GIVE UP, THE PEOPLE OF THE NET HAVE OUTBRAINED YOU AND YOU'VE SHAT YOURSELF IN FEAR, TRYING THE CLOSE THE CAN OF WORMS THAT YOU HAVE OPENED WITH YOUR SHIT TASTE IN CARTOONS AND IDEAS, GROW UP AND LEARN TO LIVE WITH THE FACT THAT WHAT YOU'VE PROPOSED IS A FORM OF GOVERNING BY THE PEOPLE AND YOU DONE GOOFED. AND EVEN IF THESE PEOPLE ARE FREE TO GOVERN THEMSELVES, WELCOME TO DIE, BITCH, SOMEONE'S GONNA SHOOT YOU IN THE MOUTH AND THEN GET AWAY WITH IT BECAUSE THERE'S NO LAW SAYING THEY CAN'T. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER, MAN.

-AN_AGGRESSIVE_FISH6969​

16. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

That's it! We'll just get rid of all the governments and let people do whatever the heck they want! It's genius! Why didn't anyone try this before?

Oh yeah, because it doesn't work.

-Johnson