1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Lightbringers

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Shalken, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Shalken

Shalken New Member

[​IMG]

Primordus.
    The Great Phoenix.
    He who dwells in every flame and every star.
    He who brings light to the universe.

And we spread his light, for we are his Lightbringers.

As Lightbringers, our duty is simple: to spread the light of The Great Phoenix.
    Though simple, this is no easy task; one must keep himself pure and holy, without taint or corruption.
    Justice. Reason. Truth. These are but a few of the traits we uphold.
    If any should wish to join our fold, to set aside their past, no matter how dark, they must merely come humbly before Primordus and accept His teachings.
    ((PM either myself or Vosrik if you wish to join))

The Lightbringers' base of operations is known as the Beacon, for from there we act as a beacon of hope for the universe. Open to the general public is a bar and lounge area.

[​IMG]

The coordinates to the beacon are X: 27, Y: 4. Delta HR 2447 CMa 9165 I a, the magma moon.
    Any and all are welcome.

#1 Shalken, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
  2. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

"Another one of these. Oh joy."

-Aedan

3. -Samuel-
    Oh, lovely. How many absolutely crazy religious groups can we get? I've seen at least five so far.

4. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

(( welp, guess ive gotta go and do some retconning. fantastic ))

5. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

((Wait. Why do you need to do retconning?))

6. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

(( the name of beta's group was "the lightbringers" ))

(( excerpt:

bolded for emphasis. Original post date of that log was May 30th, from here: http://community.playstarboundrp.com/threads/memory-logs.3622/ ))

(( edit: and yes, it was going to be a faction, at least an event faction. It's still in the preparation stages though, if nothing else but because of current server politics and my current unavailability to start a villain's entire arc ))

7. Shalken

Shalken New Member

(( I never saw that post, ever, I'm terribly sorry if I've stolen something....to be perfectly honest my whole idea for this religion came from the video in the original post... ))

8. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Let us not judge someone for their faith, but for their actions. Just because one preaches to their god, be he Kluex, Primordus or Big Ape, does not mean we need suffer barbaric judgement. Each is free to follow the path of spirituality they so choose. As long as our friend here is peaceful, I see no reason to speak out so cruelly against him.

9. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

(( I can't really claim ownership over the name because I haven't officially announced the group. The thing is, the term "Lightbringers" really does aptly describe Beta's band of warriors, both in terms of outsiders/enemies looking at them and going "they're anything but" and their allies/members truly, firmly believing that they are bringing the Light and helping people.

if you don't want to back off that's fine, I can retcon and try to come up with something better. Just know that if you had never announced this and it had never happened, the name of my group was going to be the Lightbringers. It wasn't an iffy "maybe this name, maybe that name" thing, it was a 100% certainty. Apparently you just beat me to the punch for an official announcement. :( ))

10. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Ooh, religion.
    What does promise?
    - Crowliss

11. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Personally I enjoy all these crusader groups, keeps me in business. If you want weapons worthy of your giant fire bird in the sky for your people, give me sign...or a call. My work is expensive, but well worth the cost.

-B00mb1rd

12. Rezima

Rezima New Member

It is very odd seeing a group trying so hard to emulate the stargazers and spread the word of kluex of their own accord... Although I fear you are going to confuse the masses with this misinformation, these matters are best left to enlightened avian scholars

Priestess Razya-

#12 Rezima, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2014
  13. -Samuel-
    You know what? I would do that, but their actions are just an effect of their religion. These guys are going to be 'spreading the light' and probably cleansing the 'corruption'. No doubt, this will result in tens of people dead on day 1, simply because people didn't throw themselves into this religion.

We live in an age of technology now. I'm shocked that naive religions like this even exist.

14. Vosrik

Vosrik New Member

You are deceived, Avian. For Primordus is not as low as your false Kluex, who merely flies around in the skies. Primordus lives in the heart of every flame among the stars. He does not require the abominable practice of sacrifice, nor is his power and blessing limited to one race.

It is the wish of Primordus for all to come to an understanding of his glory, but we do not sacrifice or slay any for simply not believing. Primordus teaches peace, the corruption we fight are those who would harm any other living being. As his Lightbringers, it is our duty to protect all life, for it is sacred.

-Strato

15. -Samuel-
    Yeah, I'm sure. I'll get back to that in, say, a month. When I do, I'm sure more than a few people will be killed from your idiocy alone...

However, in the case that I'm wrong, what exactly will the rest of us do once you've convinced whatever amount of the populous that this religion is worth believing?

16. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

-Johnson-

Heh. He said "taint". Heh heh.

17. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

How little you know. - Skarti

18. Vosrik

Vosrik New Member

The only casualties will be those who use lethal force against either ourselves or innocent civilians. As for "the rest of you", if you are implying those who choose not to believe, you will continue living your lives as you currently do. It is not our place to choose what you believe or force a particular lifestyle or set of laws upon you. Our simple goal is to oppose those who do and protect the living.

-Strato

19. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

Stating someone's else beliefs or gods are false isn't the best introduction for your own. You aren't the first one who insults another's one, nor will be the last one, I'm afraid, such is the usual rule around the galaxy.

-Memory

20. -Samuel-
    Hmph. At least you're not tyrannic...but, still, I'll wait and see just how many people are killed. Or, rather, how many people use 'lethal force' against you. What qualifies as 'lethal' to you, anyway?