1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Construction and Management of a New RP Hub

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Unix, Jun 6, 2014.

?

Cyberpunk Land-Based City with a large focus on law and order and with modern-day govt. systems.

1. I'm totally okay with this.

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. I would join this shit, maaaaan.

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. es worst

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. Other (Please specify with a post.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Unix

Unix Guest

It seems super-apparent around the server that the main RP Hub is liberty mills, for a few reasons, main of which being -

> Villainous Characters and people who exist simply to mug people have havens there
    > There is no application process

It would seem also equally apparent that there has not been a settlement open to the public that ALSO has a sense of Law and Order, along with a fresh change of pace from everyone's favorite cesspool of guns and brash decisions. Opportunity is indeed a thing, yes, but it's blocked by an application wall, another reason it hasn't reached the popularity of the Mills.

In the search for something to do, me and the other refugees from former RP server Archives of Memoria, have decided to make a city that is mostly normal - courts of law. Order. Police officers. But places for business and industry, factories, cargo transports - this is the kind of thing I'm talking about. Another city to rival the mills and Taranis, one with a more cyberpunk focus. Something to breathe some life into the server and offer more jobs and things to do beyond BArp. And i'm so fuckingtiredofBArpohmigod.

I would like to see the opinions of the populace - would you give such a place a chance?

EDITEDITEDITEDITEDITEDITEDITEDITEDITEDITEDITEDIT

I BELIEVE IT'S TIME FOR SOME REPHRASING OF THE CENTRAL QUESTION -

A new cyberpunk-based RP hub we're planning is going to open later in the month and we'd like to decide what people think about a city based around the principles of established law and order and finally, FINALLY, a faction with a large amount of Apex.

THERE.

Now, please continue.

#1 Unix, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  2. Sen

Sen Guest

That's rather rude, calling someone's colony a cesspool.

3. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

Yes.

But you better have a pretty goddamn good police force because if it gets even marginally popular I swear to god it will be CRAWLING in badass vigilantes faster than you can say "senpai pls guns don't work that way noooo~~"

4. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

The thing is, Liberty Mills is only a cesspool of derp, so to speak, BECAUSE it is an open colony. I used to be in support of Hub Colonies, but now, not so much.

Now, they just serve the purpose of attracting the bad RPers who get rejected/shunned from the private colonies, or small group RPs.

Pros: Lively environment?
    Cons: Billy Baddass turd RP, Mary Sues out the wazoo, swarm of OOC commentary (the negative sort) and the usually bitching that makes it's way to mods.

I'm honestly glad I'm not in Hawke's position. Trying to play a faction that maintains even a loose semblance of law and order, and then having to deal with each and every godmoder/powergamer/billybadass/tryhard derp-alt the server has to offer, has to be draining as hell. Especially knowing that what complaints make it to the mods, is only a fraction of what's going on.

Now-a-days, if you want to start a hub, good luck and godspeed, because you'll definitely need it.

5. Unix

Unix Guest

Me and my accociates in making this have accepted the fact that we're going to have to deal with hell - my question here is if you will validate any of our work by actually going to the city.

oh you

6. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

Thankyou. So, so much.

Also, you claim LM has no sense of law and order, despite the fleet being pretty much the only lawkeeping organisation on the server (That I know of)

7. Mayor Moosebellow

Mayor Moosebellow New Member

[​IMG]

#7 Mayor Moosebellow, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2014
  8. Hawke

Hawke ACK!

If you build it, they will come.

With that said I seem to recall there being a cyberpunk-esque hub world on the server one time. Even had like,a huge police force. Like, HUGE. Planetary, even. Wonder whatever happened to it? >,>

9. Animator

Animator New Member

Liberty Mill is not as much of a cesspool as you think it is: I've come from Galaxy Citizen which is far bigger, and their hubs are just /awful/. Compared to these, they are way more refined.

The bad eggs will congregate somewhere. If anything, I support having many hubs open so that it can be shifted around, and keep the place decentralized so that there's no one place where people can say it's the norm; most people go out of their way to be these OP dumb characters to attract attention: That kind of ability gets harder when they have to make more and more excuses to be at that place at a given reason for absolutely no reason whatsoever, which is something that can be done more easily in one big hub.

10. Unix

Unix Guest

I APOLOGIZE I HAVE OFFENDED THE MOOSE

I'M CALLING NARFBALL TO PUT A SEAL OF DISAPPROVAL ON MY PENIS.

(( in all seriousness i didn't mean to come across as a dick ))

(( it's just that your city IS AWESOME. GLORY TO LIBERTY MILLS. ALL HAIL.))

11. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

liberty mills is master mills

12. Mr Spacelemon

Mr Spacelemon New Member

By all means, please make this colony.

Really, please make another hub to draw the billy-badasses away from Liberty.

For the love of god, please do it.

13. Sen

Sen Guest

This to me sounds like someone was repelled out of Liberty Mills by their law enforcement and now wants to one-up them. I doubt this will get far.

14. Unix

Unix Guest

fuckin' fleet with their fuckin' birdies

worst fleet
    litterally satan
    kluex es 4 dummies
    skirts r returded

15. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

when I call it main character syndrome, I'm not joking

they be thinkin i be jokin, but i ain't

People want to be the main characters of the story. They want everyone else to revolve around them and they want to be the greatest and win all the fights and get all the wimminz and dodge all the bullets because they want to be the most important.

and the rest of us look at these shenanigans and go all "no"

If people took a step back and decided to roleplay *side* characters instead of *main* characters, I bet things would improve drastically

16. Hawke

Hawke ACK!

Step back from the keybird please.

Less Liberty et al bashing, more "Hey guys I have this really neat colony idea!" please. Unless bashing Liberty is the reason for this, in which case, um... yeah.

17. Animator

Animator New Member

Make no mistake, I believe you; I've seen it happen before. This is just something that happens in many communities, and over here, despite some people suffering it, it really isn't as bad as it's made to be.

In the end, these kinds of things won't be solved with a new hub centralizing everything, but rather people calling out this kind of behavior and saying "Quit it, you're being dumb, the RP doesn't always center around you".

18. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

+1

19. Bunshuu

Bunshuu New Member

^^^^

[​IMG]

20. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

Oh of course not, we're just paranoid about this thing I feel, because (as much as we bitch about it otherwise) we really do have a great community

so when we see something/one going over the top badass on us we're all "RAZZA FRAZZA SNARL"