1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

So, about Agarans.

Discussion in 'Archives' started by OminousMushroom, Jun 3, 2014.

1. OminousMushroom

OminousMushroom New Member

-Haystacker-

So, like, I've been going around the place recently and I've come across a couple of Agaran.. er. 'Societies' in random planets. Of course, I didn't get too close 'cause I didn't want to end up becoming infected with some obscure disease or something.

Does anyone know a lot about the Agarans? I'm a little interested, but from what I've observed their language is.. very different from the common language our translators set our tones to.

Are they hostile? Or do they just put their spores on you and make them one of them?

inb4 one of us, one of us

inb4 OP can't inb4

2. Narfball

Narfball narfball

(( Alexander ))

>2414
    >still using inb4
    >on StarNet

jesus h. christler cars man, what are you, some kinda weird shut-in? agarans might be fuckin mean no one wants to touch em
    i hear rumors occasionally that they abduct florans and shit but thats just about it

3. OminousMushroom

-Haystacker-
    So like are they at war or something?

4. Narfball

Narfball narfball

(( Alexander ))

gee i dunno consult someone who's book smart
    not me
    im just like...
    seven drunk assholes in one drunk asshole
    y'know what i'm getting at?

5. techno_spider

techno_spider New Member

Big-Mech not recommend eating Agarans, it makes vision go wobbly and zz! zz! zz!
    - Big-Mech

6. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

Agarans are, from my experiences, rather friendly. Not much is really known about them at all, except for what travelers have encountered. They do in fact bear spores, which are known to become quite disastrous, and if you harm or threaten them in any way, they become very hostile, and make fierce warriors. In my honest opinion, I would steer clear of them unless you are wearing an environmental suit, and are willing to thoroughly clean it after the encounter, not only for you, but for the good of society.

-Meritus

7. Farcry11

Farcry11 Guest

It is my solemn opinion that a campaign should be mounted by all the military organizations of the system to wipe out these savages. If they will not conform to the bare minimum of societal standards, they have no place in this galaxy, and should thus be stamped out wherever they are found- with fire and sword.

-Ser Hunt

8. OminousMushroom

-Haystacker-

well gee, i dunno, that seems a little extreme.

I mean they're just living amongst themselves as far as I know, so I don't really think we need to wipe them out, that's like saying 'let's get rid of all the bees because they don't speak like we do'. I heard bees are good for the environment and stuff

Though that might be beside the point. but it's your opinion so whatever :I

9. techno_spider

techno_spider New Member

Lets eat them.
    - Big-Mech

10. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Stay away from them. If you have to interact with them, let it be with a flamethrower. Agarans are not friends, agarans are fungus death machines.

11. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

Some of you are acting as if they WANT to infect you with your spores and kill you.

What if - here's an idea! - what if instead of "stamping them out with fire and sword" (seriously lmfao) you just... ignored them. Have they mounted raids on villages? Have agaran armadas been invading colonies and shoving their spores down the throats of your wives and children? Are they even capable of goddamn FTL?

What if they can't control the spore releases? What if it's just like a human sneezing, just on a much larger scale? Are we going to suddenly exterminate all sick humans who sneeze? Oh no!

honestly

"Gee let's walk up to the people with deadly sneezes, instead of staying a safe distance away!" That's like fucking walking up to someone with the Black Death - who you know has the thrice-damned species-killing Black Death - and engaging in idle conversation.

-Crosswell

12. The Grand Mugwump

Yes.

I would rather not repeat the mistake of the Florans.

Last I checked, human sneezes are not used for extremely lethal, parasitic reproduction.

If you decide to do such, please respect quarantine protocol. One fool's idiocy should not cost the lives of millions.

-Dr. Mizu Suimaa

13. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

Thank you for misunderstanding the entire point of my post, and for only quoting the sections you could use to fuel your "point". And on a separate note, could you tell me about these supposed "village raids"? Because everything I have heard about the agarans always begins with the other party being the aggressors.

14. techno_spider

techno_spider New Member

Stop talking about food, just eat food, stupids.
    - Big-Mech

15. The Grand Mugwump

They leveled our entire colony after filling the skies with spores. Apparently there were Agarans living underground on our otherwise lovely planet.

16. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

While you do have my sympathies, that doesn't answer my question. Did they attack unprovoked? Did colonists try and exterminate them beforehand? Did you try communicating with them? Did it look like they were consciously releasing the spores? etc. etc.

17. The Grand Mugwump

I believe most people planetside were too busy fleeing for their lives to attempt discerning such.

18. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

From my talk with the temple folk, yes, they attacked the pilgrim people while they were cleaning up rebuilding. Them trying to co-exist with the Agarans only got more of them killed. Here is an idea, how about instead being a shitheel and spitting on a bunch of dead people by placing blame, you go out and talk to them. The Agarans on our world are death machines, and by the sound of it, we know alot more about these things then you do.

19. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

All I'm trying to do is see if there were any visible causes so such a thing could be prevented in the future. I wasn't placing blame, in no way did I claim the colonists marched in with flamethrowers and torched an agaran settlement. It was a question. Animals always behave according to a set of instincts or, if they're sapient, a sense of being or purpose. Obviously something ticked off the agarans on that planet. Why shouldn't I, or others for that matter, attempt to figure out the *reason* the agarans went berserk, so we could, you know, prevent them from flipping shit on another planet and killing more people?

Dead people are dead. I am sorry for the losses, but nothing can or will bring them back. Instead of moping and calling StarNet strangers rude and unnecessary names, why not try and get something positive out of an otherwise shitty situation... like finding out why.

20. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

You are placing blame, by assuming something gave them reason to destroy our home and murder people. Get your high ground bullshit morality out of here. I have been rebuilding my home, just like anyone else here. You want answers? Go get them from the agarans instead of pulling inquisition bullshit on StarNet.

People, regardless of species, gender and age have been murdering each other since the dawn of time. Good luck figuring out the why. Let me know when you unlock those mysteries and get us universal peace.