1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

StarCheat visual weapon-mod guide

Discussion in 'Modding Guides' started by Dreganius, May 23, 2014.

1. fukkireta

fukkireta New Member

soooooo dragon fire sword?

2. Flow

Flow New Member

Idk why but it appears my items folders are empty. armor, generic, guns, sword, shield, etc. all empty. how come ? :)

3. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

Look online for a tutorial for extracting the correct pak file. Currently, Starbound has all the assets compressed in a .pak file and you need to go through a series of steps to extract it all. Mind you, extracting is primarily for referencing. Editing the files in the extracted folder won't change anything as Starbound draws from the stuff within the pak file itself.

4. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

It doesn't quite fit here, but how do you recolor armor in Starcheat?

5. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

You can use sbse to recolor armor.

6. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

7. Haytham

Haytham New Member

Hey, can anyone tell me the parts used for that Claymore of light? It looks hella cool

8. Dustacious

Dustacious New Member

Actually, there seems to be a bigger issue at hand, for the section specifically on Melee Weapons for the Astora Claymore of Light coding, there is a spoiler section with the whole code with these values:

Without problems, but there seems to be a mistake of the ranges for the "Idle" spoiler section (Exclusive to explanation) which means both Idle sections don't match up.

And yeah i still don't even know how to sheath my weapon but im workin' on it. Sorry for being pedantic if at all cynic o_-

9. Super Sugar

Super Sugar New Member

10. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

Does anyone know if there's a way to put a flashlight beam on to anything other than a flashlight?

11. Super Sugar

Super Sugar New Member

Huh...

Maybe..

12. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

Is it possible to make new sprites for armor, or is recoloring the extent?

13. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

To my knowledge it is not possible to make actual armor sprites due to the file properties that are hardcoded into the game, however you can create a held weapon that would overlay your armor. It would take both hands however, and I have yet to perfect this, so, attempt at your own risk.
    As for this, you have no idea how long I slaved over this problem with the same outcome. Its impossible. The flashlight is coded into the game as a tool, allowing it to output light, while say a weapon is coded in as a generatedweapon, and therefore cannot use the same coding and file extensions that the flashlight can. I'm still holding out some hope it can be used, but so far the furthest I have gotten is putting glow on a weapon, and that....meh.

14. QuestionableMotives

QuestionableMotives Not To Be Trusted

This might've been mentioned in the OP or somewhere else on the thread, but im too lazy to search. How would you make it so that, say, your weapon only consists of one or two parts rather than all three?

15. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

Just delete one of the sections in { } from the drawables.

16. QuestionableMotives

QuestionableMotives Not To Be Trusted

Okay, thanks.

17. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

I wonna know how people make the stuff like tanks and wheelchairs. Are they made in StarCheat? Is there a guide for that I'm not seeing?

18. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

Hours upon Hours of drawing, positioning, testing, repositioning, retesting, tweaking, etc. For the tank, anyway. And there arent really any good guides for Starcheat. It is easy to learn, but hard to master, and those who have dont like giving away their secrets. Im inching my way up the ladder, and already have to push away the "Miiiiiine" thoughts when asked for help.

19. RyanCowLord

RyanCowLord New Member

whenever i make the ak it turns into one of the perfect cube thingys. is there a way to stop this?

20. Fangkitsune

Fangkitsune New Member

Hi, i'm having an issue with primary stances for two handed swords. whenever i move the armAngle, the arm always looks half finished and not in the arm socket. I'm not sure what's wrong.