1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Looking For Adventurers for DnD [3.5]

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by LaserLlamas, May 22, 2014.

1. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

Greetings and salutations! Some close friends of mine, and myself, have begun craving Dungeons and Dragons once again. So that being said, we're starting a new campaign and decided to extend a hand out to you fine ladies and gentlemen! Here's how it's going down -

Requirements:
    - Five people (We already have two, so we just need three)
    - Teamspeak 3 (And a mic preferably
    - LogMeIn Hamachi (For connecting to MapTool)
    - MapTool and DiceTool (Which can be found here and here)
    - DnD Player Book and Rule Book (We can provide this for you in PDF formats)

We're willing to take anyone in, whether new to this, or a vet wishing to relive the old days. Sometimes we have used custom content, however we're having a fresh start, so only vanilla classes and races will be playable.

If you're new to this, and wish to learn, then we'll gladly take you with open arms. The only rule is you have to be willing to learn.

Other than that, feel free to reply here with any questions, or if you're interested. If you'd like, explain your past experience or no experience at all, and I'll look it over for the next week or so. We'll look over each post before we decide who else we will take. Thanks for taking the time to read all this garbage, can't wait to see what you've got for me!

-Resources for later use-
    - http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php (Character Sheets and other uses, perhaps)

#1 LaserLlamas, May 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2014
  2. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

If you're open to suggestions, you can actually avoid needing Hamachi and MapTool entirely.

Roll20 is honestly the best free virtual tabletop I've used. Far better than MapTool. It's all in-browser, incredibly easy to use, and runs on Roll20's servers, so Hamachi isn't needed. Here's a link if you want to check it out: https://app.roll20.net/home

Also, if you aren't already using it, Myth-Weavers is the absolute best site for character sheets. It covers a HUGE range of different character sheets, including D&D 3.5E. It shows up like a normal character sheet, and it auto-calculates a lot of things (stat modifiers based on the stat itself, AC changes based on Dex, size, etc, and more). Here's a link to that one: http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php

3. LaserLlamas

Ah noted. I'll look into both of these, thank you for informing me of 'em!

4. Terallis

Sure thing! It's funny that you're starting this now, as well. I'm starting up my own shortly. Mind you, mine is already full. But yeah. XD Those two sites are excellent for virtual tabletop sessions. :3

5. LaserLlamas

Haha yeah. Friends of mine got back from Pax East after looking at the DnD panel and just came to me and said "Start another campaign."

Just looked into both resources, I'll stick to MapTools primarily since I can customize my world there more. However Myth Weavers is absolutely wonderful! I'll add that to the OP. Thanks for showing me it, Terallis!

6. Terallis

Sure thing! Happy to have been of some assistance. :3

7. Hazzie

Hazzie New Member

Well Ill be joining, but you already knew that Llamas. I hope we can get people for this, its always lots of fun.

8. Diabloshadow

Diabloshadow Retired Admin

i was thinking about it....Tera up there told me about his, i was thinking maybe. i might, do get in touch with me over skype or something and ill see. as my schedule is iffy. but i would gladly join if we can work something. 3.5 i have played for years. would be enjoyable.

9. LaserLlamas

Of course. We're more than happy to figure out a schedule that works for everyone. We're used to having to get something working considering one of our old friends who joined us was from Whales.

10. Diabloshadow

Diabloshadow Retired Admin

oh my. but yea, just skype me, ill be happy to give ya a chat. Diabl0shadow. o is a zero in diablo.

11. LaserLlamas

No problem, I'll add you now. Don't be surprised by the name.

Also we found a fourth now, we require one more. Once more - All are welcome.

12. Diddums

Diddums That Loveable Lad

This sounds interesting, wouldn't mind joining up in this. My mic is terrible though, as in rarely working, so I presume I'll need to rassle up a new one if I'm playing. Which might be a problem. But hey! It definitely sounds fun, even for a completely experience void noob like myself.

13. LaserLlamas

Ah apologies good sir. Just found the last one the other day. Still getting everyone organized, but thanks for taking interest anyways.