1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Hackers, please help!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Mystyice, May 13, 2014.

1. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

There's this channel on frequency L called LQQQ, and it looks like there's a sentient AI trapped in there. A firewall is blocking everything. Could anyone please help take down the firewall?

-Mysmarri

2. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

I'm sure whoever owns said AI put it there for a reason... You're not trying to steal it, are you? - Skarti

3. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Much as I hate to kinda sorta agree with Skarti, there is a possibly real concern about why the AI is where it is. Until you can confirm why the AI was put being such a powerful "firewall" I can't recommend anyone to touch this. You could possibly be releasing the equivalent of a serial murderer from a high security prison. It could be locked away for a good reason.

4. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-"Nightingale" ((Alice))-
    Whatever that AI is made for, it is sentient, and needs to get out of here. Count on me.

5. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

Can I quote you on that when it turns out the AI was created to bring about the extinction of all life?

Honestly, use your brain for a moment. - Skarti

6. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-"Nightingale"-
    It's an AI not some kind of jailed demigod about to kill us all. It's no more drangerous than any other person.

7. Pie4Pigs

Pie4Pigs Bleach Connoisseur

Yeah. The Scrap Titan was a pretty friendly AI. No need to start judging AIs guys, am I right?

-Cole Harris

8. JacobKram

JacobKram New Member

[​IMG]
    *Encrypted as R34P3r*
    I'll have that firewall down in a bit for you.

The repercussions, however, fall upon you. I take no responsibility for what may occur as a result of freeing this AI.

Hopefully we'll be doing the right thing.

#8 JacobKram, May 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
  9. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

"I really do start to wonder what goes through people's minds. All the time, actually. Could be someone trying to get broken out of a high security prison? People are unlikely to do anything unless they are obvious criminals. An AI is in the exact same sort of position? EVERYONE HELP THE AI GET OUT OF THEIR VIRTUAL PRISON BECAUSE IT'S AN AI. Is it bad that I almost see that as a form of reverse racism?"

-Aedan

10. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

Excuse me, it was an AI at a number station! It was repeating numbers, but then it started singing songs.
    It's asking for help!

-Mysmarri

11. Destroyer713

Destroyer713 New Member

((Lance))

And then suddenly that AI goes all Sky Net on us. You know, that thing from a really old human movie called Terminator? Basically, some program that became self-aware and started building robots to exterminate the entire human race, or something along those lines.

Hopefully that don't happen here, but I swear, I better not f***ing die because some idiot let loose an extremely malevolent AI...

#11 Destroyer713, May 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
  12. Orsaa

Orsaa New Member

"Ethereal"

Torn. They are two equal points. 1: Release her and she turns out to be a murderous b***h or a benevolent person.who will murder so many people or a benevolent person.. 2: We keep in a perfectly sane AI or keep in a big threat.
    Addendum. Before even trying to release it try and communicate and investigate it and see how it ticks.
    THOROUGHLY!

13. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

The firewall won't let me communicate, but just go on the radio and see for yourself! She's asking for help!

-Mysmarri

14. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

-Lyra

...Anyone has though first to LOCATE it instead of simply releasing it? I don't know about that, but if it's communicating through radio, it can be tracked, right?

15. Grifter

Grifter New Member

"As I said, I'm going to look for it. In awhile." - OMEGA

16. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

-Lotus-

"I would not recommend freeing this AI. I am barely capable of deriving right from wrong due to my faulty programming. If an AI is put behind a powerful firewall such as this, then there is no reason to free it."

"If the AI is singing you these 'songs', then you are merely falling for its trap. It may have learned in its past how to trick Organics and In-organics to do its will without having to do a thing itself. It may be locked away because it cannot be directly destroyed, or it has destroyed its creators who were able to contain it before their timely deaths."

"Upon release the AI will more than likely be able to connect itself to an external source, whether a mobile one or not, and start creating chaos or whatever said AI was designed to do. By what I have observed thus far on this thread, it is best to leave this AI alone. The probability of this AI being trouble is higher than the off chance that it will spread peace without violence."

17. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-"Nightingale"-
    That AI is sentient, and we do not know her intents. We shouldn't permanently lock up some being with no evidence.

18. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Then get evidence. You were the first one to offer to break it out without question.

19. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-"Nightingale"-
    If she has done something, all evidence would be lost.
    But probably she didn't. I bet she has never seen the material world, as she seemed to become sentient while we listened on the radio.
    She deserves an opportunity at life.

20. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

-Raoul-

Amusement: This AI is simply a Pandora's Box, waiting to be opened so that it may unleash its horrors upon the world.